SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Oooh I like - where did you purchase the case?

Hello everyone! I replaced my key casing with a wooden one. This is half the price compared to the original Volvo wooden key fob that’s offered to the 90s and 60s inscription trims and the the shell won’t disintegrate if you accidentally drop your keys because there are screws on four corners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yesterday I finally got the full North America map update to install. I started that process 2 days before but it ended up getting in a loop and never completing. Every time I started the car with the USB drive installed, it would give me the window asking if I wanted to update. Clicking ok gave a short notice that it was "Updating 0%". But that would never advance and it would eventually give a notice that 'Navigation is unavailable'. It would then repeat the process over and over again. I tried several times with a new USB drive, but same problem.

The solution was to disconnect the negative terminal from the battery. Although just doing that for 30 seconds or so wasn't enough. I ended up leaving it disconnected for 20 minutes or so. After that the Update proceeded past 0% and completed.

I would recommend that you start with a USB 3 drive if you are doing the full North America map. Even using that, the update took close to 30 minutes. I think using a USB 2 drive would have been many hours - and increase the possibility of a failure along the way.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a Sandisk Cruzer Glide 64 GB USB stick, and did the recent update in 26 minutes. I always sart with an empty stick, and verify the contents after the hour plus download.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I added cargo netting under the cargo floor to hold tools, jumper cables, etc. I used the compartment under the floor in my XC60 (which had a tray with compartments) for that stuff. But in the XC40 the entirety of the extra space can't be used if you want to take advantage of the fold up divider. I initially tried to just jam the stuff into the portion that is still covered when the divider is flipped up. But quickly realized that everything would just slide around.

Luckily, I had an extra net from my daughter's old Buick and it fit perfectly. Now everything is secured and out of the way - but easily accessible.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I added cargo netting under the cargo floor to hold tools, jumper cables, etc. I used the compartment under the floor in my XC60 (which had a tray with compartments) for that stuff. But in the XC40 the entirety of the extra space can't be used if you want to take advantage of the fold up divider. I initially tried to just jam the stuff into the portion that is still covered when the divider is flipped up. But quickly realized that everything would just slide around.

Luckily, I had an extra net from my daughter's old Buick and it fit perfectly. Now everything is secured and out of the way - but easily accessible.
In an XC40, another extra place to store certain things might be below the separator cover that's above the tire well.

·
Registered
122 Posts
You guys have any suggestions for the best rubber mats to haul dogs around. I am specifically looking to cover the back of the back seats when folded down.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just had Polestar Optimization done today. The difference is very noticeable even in comfort mode. I was expecting just a badge but i also received an A5 sized anodized aluminium plate with a Volvo S60 printed on it. Funny thing is that printed on the back is "Polestar Engineered - It's all in the details". I own an XC40 and I'm not too sure that they paid attention to that detail. 😀

·
Registered
55 Posts
how do you get the Polestar upgrade? when i go online it refers me to my local dealers and then it just takes me to their websites.

·
Registered
46 Posts
how do you get the Polestar upgrade? when i go online it refers me to my local dealers and then it just takes me to their websites.
I just called my dealer and had them do it. It only took an hour and unlike a software update, the Polestar Optimization Upgrade is not free. Plus, the Polestar Software is proprietary and isn't something you are likely to find on the internet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I've driven my 19 XC40 T5 Inscription without Polestar for more than a month and I hated the dim witted gearbox that seemed to rely on throwing a pair of dice to decide which gear to use from a standstill. So instead of 247 horses gently pulling you to a cruise, you feel them violently kicking you in the back because the gearbox decided to go from eighth gear to first.

Happily, Polestar has cured the gearbox by teaching it how to arrange numbers in sequence.

·
Registered
46 Posts
not only that, my collision avoidance system seems to kick in at random.
I don't know if the Polestar Software mends that issue. I'm guessing that the skittish collision avoidance system will be mended by the free software update that your dealership will automatically perform the next time you bring your car for whatever reason.

·
Registered
46 Posts
pulled the trigger on polestar. i cannot believe this isnt standard. the car drives so much better...
You have gifted yourself with a better XC40 and a more powerful one in terms of torque. The Horsepower increase is negligible though.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree. I used to drive in Dynamic but with the upgrade I maintain Comfort and it feels so much livelier. I elected not to put the badge on. im fine with knowing that I have it without sharing it to the world. I get a little smile when I do switch it to Polestar Engineered when I want to get some speed, though.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts