SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
8201 - 8220 of 8369 Posts

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Any other spacers on the car? I think in a previous you stated you removed the front spacers. I have a vehicle with spacers no issues whatsoever, however another vehicle (since sold) I was not able to make spacers work no matter which type or brand or size I tried. No spacers on my S60RD, with the offset of the OZ wheels I do not need them.
Yeah I still have the rears on, but the imbalance definitely is in the steering wheel end and not in the butt end of things if you get my drift. Pep Boys had installed my Meyle HD LCA's before all this occurred. I'm suspicious they did something wrong, but they seemed to have no issues with it, and the car drove fine and smooth after the install. I'm driving down to my local MWR Auto Crafts shop Sunday morning to inspect everything well, and deal with the the rotor imbalance/wobble/warp (whatever it might be). So I'm hoping taking a long look at everything with the wheels off, getting the new front brakes and rotors in (and cleaning all mating surfaces well) and getting the rear spacers off will yield positive results on the hour ride home after getting things wrapped up. Here's fingers crossed.

Even if I finally get it all fixed and things look good, I'm still probably going to look to do a different wheel. I'm so hooked on these Ixion I's, but at this point I want more offset, so I might have to go aftermarket to get it with no spacers involved. Sucks because I invested a lot of time into getting these wheels, getting them all fixed up and refinished... and don't want to just jump ship on them. We will see soon enough.

·
Registered
14,795 Posts
I'd go back down to 17's and go for a little more sidewall if roads were an issue.

Reactions: p.rico

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
I'd go back down to 17's and go for a little more sidewall if roads were an issue.
Yeah, I'm feeling that more these days. I just dont know why this year has been so killer on this set of wheels. It's not my first foray into low profile 17" or 18" wheels and never had any bending.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Nice Schitt Stack!
Yes, there's too much Schiit in my house. :LOL: Have an Asgard OG sitting upstairs as well. Oddly, they typically sit idle as my daily driver is my Dark Voice 336se.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Nice, I haven't tried that specific Glenmorangie although I do like the ones I have sampled.
I've got a fever....and the only prescription is more cowbe.... Glenmorangie.

Bottle Liquid Bottle cap Glass bottle Fluid

I acknowledge and accept my addiction. :whistle:

My foray of Bunnahabhain has always been a pleasurable one. The 18 is nice. It has enough Islay character to be still on the pleasant drinking side (similar to Caol Ila) and not go full blown Ardbeg territory, which I cannot drink anymore.

·
Registered
2017 Volvo S60 T6 AWD R Design Platinum
576 Posts
Even if I finally get it all fixed and things look good, I'm still probably going to look to do a different wheel. I'm so hooked on these Ixion I's, but at this point I want more offset, so I might have to go aftermarket to get it with no spacers involved. Sucks because I invested a lot of time into getting these wheels, getting them all fixed up and refinished... and don't want to just jump ship on them. We will see soon enough.
I'd stick with the 19's, it makes the car look way cooler than a smaller diameter(!).
If you want OEM I would go with these Lesath's
or these straight spoke Ixions
But that's JMO!

My foray of Bunnahabhain has always been a pleasurable one. The 18 is nice. It has enough Islay character to be still on the pleasant drinking side (similar to Caol Ila) and not go full blown Ardbeg territory, which I cannot drink anymore.
There is a limited selection of legit Scotch Whisky to choose from down here, so the Bunnahabhain 12 was my best choice. I like the 18, I might look for it in Duty Free my next trip through the international arrivals. LHR has a nice Whisky store in Terminal 5 IIRC.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Forgot they’re 18’s. But that being said maybe you’d benefit from an XC wheel? I’m assuming they are beefier than a sedan wheel.

·
Premium Member
2020 V90 Inscription T6 (all options except upgrade stereo and rear wheel air suspension)
667 Posts
Although I don't have a 60 (have a V90), thought I'd share, anyway. Bought my V, new, 5k miles ago. Immediately covered the front lights with 3M clear wrap. Thoroughly protects! Here's what it looks like after 5k miles.

View attachment 122063
Here's an update at 13k miles. Still in prestine condition.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2007 V70 2.5T FWD
227 Posts
What did you do with your s60/V60 (2011+) today?
I tried and failed repeatedly to program the Homelink No. 3 button to turn on and off a Chamberlain remote-controlled light. I await advice from Homelink (Gentex Corp).

·
Registered
510 Posts
Why do you say first upgrade?
Because the oem fiber piece can't offer much protection to the aluminum oil pan and other fragile pieces in the event that you run over any sort of hard object. A block of ice, tree limb, large animal, a rock, etc, etc. This recommendation came from SS member Prolix Argon, from whom I have bought my last 2 Volvos.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I tried and failed repeatedly to program the Homelink No. 3 button to turn on and off a Chamberlain remote-controlled light. I await advice from Homelink (Gentex Corp).
Been there, done that - what worked for me was to have the vehicle up right close to the door and have a helper. GL!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Installed new rotors and pads up front and the set of R-Design shocks in the rear (finally got out the OE Dynamic Suspension shocks that I couldn't get off with my impact driver last year in the friend's driveway).

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design Vehicle brake

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well, all of a sudden it sounds like BOTH of my strut mounts are magically bad all of a sudden. 112k on it now. They were replaced under warranty at 68k miles. Parts are lifetime guarantee at the dealer? Of course this happens after I JUST got the brake lines done on my 2004 silverado ss I just picked up

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,795 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Well, all of a sudden it sounds like BOTH of my strut mounts are magically bad all of a sudden. 112k on it now. They were replaced under warranty at 68k miles. Parts are lifetime guarantee at the dealer? Of course this happens after I JUST got the brake lines done on my 2004 silverado ss I just picked up

What does that sound like, exactly? I’m getting some thumping over bumps now at 89k miles, 65k or so of which have been with KW V3s. I haven’t looked too closely but my suspension has been getting sloppy and noisy and seems due for a refresh this point.

·
Registered
360 Posts
What does that sound like, exactly? I’m getting some thumping over bumps now at 89k miles, 65k or so of which have been with KW V3s. I haven’t looked to closely but my suspension has been getting sloppy and noisy and seems due for a refresh this point.
Usually makes a thud when turning the wheel. Sounds like a bearing binding up. Usually when you hear a clunk on bumps it's a sway bar end link in my experience. I'm at 112k on the original suspension, so I'm thinking of just refreshing it all anyway. Contemplating what way to go though. Want to maintain R Design height, but want something a little smoother.

Reactions: Bunnspeed

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Did that cure the vibration?
As I suspected........ nope. 🤷‍♂️

I checked all around the suspension of the car to make sure things were looking fine. Saw or felt nothing out of order.

It did cure my braking vibration though. So much better. Made my 10 hours of driving on Monday and Tuesday for work a bit, and I mean a bit, more tolerable. At 70, the steering wheel is noticeably disturbed. What's weird is that it sometimes goes away on certain "rougher" surfaces like asphalt, but when you're back on concrete highway, forget about it, wheel vibration returns. Definitely seems to me to be a dynamic tire imbalance going on.

I'm looking to grab a nice set of wheels this weekend with some Nitto NT05's on them. Not the tire I want to be driving around on in this season, so if I slap them on an all looks and feels fine ride wise, I'm buying a set of Hypertracs.

8201 - 8220 of 8369 Posts