SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
8121 - 8140 of 8172 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Something seems off with those numbers, even if the tune itself is a good one. Polestar optimized 3.0T cars with supporting mods tend to make about 275hp at the wheels. I have a hard time believing a better tune with all stock hardware would safely make 75whp more than that, or that you’d see whp numbers as high as that on a different dyno. This dyno might need to be recalibrated, or those numbers might, in fact, be at the crank, or with some very generous corrections or calculations anticipating a large % drivetrain loss. I don’t doubt that the tune is a big improvement, but I doubt that other dynos would read as high as this one. 350hp at the crank would be a solid tune and would be far more realistic.
Apologies I made a mistake when writing the post and the post will be corrected. This is at the crank not the wheels. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Apologies I made a mistake when writing the post and the post will be corrected. This is at the crank not the wheels. :(
Happy yo convert the drive train loss and post those figures. However in the UK that's how we discuss our figures. 20% loss would see around 280+ Apologies once again.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Ah, no worries. That makes much more sense and sounds more realistic, although you still can’t take those numbers too literally since there’s no way to know the exact drivetrain or accessories loss in order to come up with that number at the crank. A whp number can be more helpful because that’s a measurement taken of the power that actually makes it to the ground, while crank numbers are more of an estimate based on measured whp with some multiplier applied to each plotted interval to account for assumptions around drivetrain loss.

Reactions: Marc_V60T6

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ah, no worries. That makes much more sense and sounds more realistic, although you still can’t take those numbers too literally since there’s no way to know the exact drivetrain or accessories loss in order to come up with that number at the crank. A whp number can be more helpful because that’s a measurement taken of the power that actually makes it to the ground, while crank numbers are more of an estimate based on measured whp with some multiplier applied to each plotted interval to account for assumptions around drivetrain loss.
View attachment 136080
Slope Rectangle Font Line Parallel

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Nice!! I much prefer to see baseline and tuned numbers together like this. Even if the plotted numbers are a bit of an approximation, at least the same multipliers/ correction factors apply to both graphs so the difference in power between tunes at any given rpm can be taken more literally. It’s safe to say this is a very strong tune. At this point you should strongly consider an upgraded intercooler and downpipe, because with that extra power comes a lot of extra intake and exhaust heat which is neither good for longevity or repeatable performance as these cars already heatsoak quickly at stock power levels.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice!! I much prefer to see baseline and tuned numbers together like this. Even if the plotted numbers are a bit of an approximation, at least the same multipliers/ correction factors apply to both graphs so the difference in power between tunes at any given rpm can be taken more literally. It’s safe to say this is a very strong tune. At this point you should strongly consider an upgraded intercooler and downpipe, because with that extra power comes a lot of extra intake and exhaust heat which is neither good for longevity or repeatable performance as these cars already heatsoak quickly at stock power levels.
Thanks Bunnspeed. I do intend on further modifications to suit each other. The car doesn't get thrashed so for now heat soak is not a problem.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts

·
Registered
'12 S60 T5
96 Posts
Finally finished touching up the bottom of the front quarter panels with touch up paint after treating some spots that were starting to rust. Once that was dry, was able to finally fit front mudflaps.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Came out of Wholefoods to see this beauty parked next to me. The wagon sure was breaking necks. Everyone who walked by couldn't help but stop and stare:)
Its the colour. I had a bright yellow RenaultSport, and while on paper its just a small hatchback, that colour looked amazing in the sun and would get so many comments. Little kids were the best, so many faces pressed up against the glass as it would drive by.

Trouble was, the cops also liked to look at it. I was pulled over multiple times in that car. Cops dont look at a black Volvo, it just blends.

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
7,346 Posts
Ordered a complete polestar exhaust, came from a 2017 S60 polestar with 16000 km on it.
Delivery on tuesday

Skickat från min SM-G998B via Tapatalk
Jealous! I'm intrigued by the Polestar setup - I notice there's a connection split/joint where it goes up over the rear axle. All non-Polestar OEM units are one piece which require cutting at that point to remove. I wonder if this is because the P* setup was made by a different vendor which decided to include that joint?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Jealous! I'm intrigued by the Polestar setup - I notice there's a connection split/joint where it goes up over the rear axle. All non-Polestar OEM units are one piece which require cutting at that point to remove. I wonder if this is because the P* setup was made by a different vendor which decided to include that joint?
Paid 4000 SEK around 450 $ I think.
I believe the polestar exhaust is made by Ferrita here in Sweden.

Skickat från min SM-G998B via Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Volvo v60 t6 Rdesign - viva sport exhaust - elevate eCRV
70 Posts
Installed the Do88 intake piping but sadly that did not give me any flutter or other cool noises it basically sounds the same. Maybe du to the turbo smart eCRV
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle

8121 - 8140 of 8172 Posts