SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
8101 - 8120 of 8172 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
1) Our 2012 cars do have a BMS.
2) We cannot reset it using this method. It doesn't work. You will need VIDA or VDASH and a DiCE unit.
The battery icon didn't blink? The battery icon blinks only in cars after 2013 facelift.

Car Scanner app or VIDA will tell if the BMS counter was reset to 0 days with this method.

·
Registered
14,153 Posts
You can change that scratched DIM lens in about a half hour and a $70 part.

Reactions: gobluetwo

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Oh yeah, had never noticed… not causing me $70 worth of problems - my old eyes are nowhere near as sharp as an iPhone 12 zoom lens :(

Reactions: Bunnspeed

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Yeah the photo looks bad, but it’s a close up with a zoom lens, the scratches really are not noticeable with human eyes from normal viewing distance

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello from 🇬🇧
I got my 2012 V60 T6 tuned on a dyno and more than happy with the results. Car made just over 350bhp and close to 570nm torque. I've only owned the car for a week and currently planning a few more mods.
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Something seems off with those numbers, even if the tune itself is a good one. Polestar optimized 3.0T cars with supporting mods tend to make about 275hp at the wheels. I have a hard time believing a better tune with all stock hardware would safely make 75whp more than that, or that you’d see whp numbers as high as that on a different dyno. This dyno might need to be recalibrated, or those numbers might, in fact, be at the crank, or with some very generous corrections or calculations anticipating a large % drivetrain loss. I don’t doubt that the tune is a big improvement, but I doubt that other dynos would read as high as this one. 350hp at the crank would be a solid tune and would be far more realistic.

·
Registered
2015 Volvo v60 t6 Rdesign - viva sport exhaust - elevate eCRV
70 Posts
Got my new to me roof bars, FYI this roof bar model from volvo fits all models with the factory roof rails.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Car

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Something seems off with those numbers, even if the tune itself is a good one. Polestar optimized 3.0T cars with supporting mods tend to make about 275hp at the wheels. I have a hard time believing a better tune with all stock hardware would safely make 75whp more than that, or that you’d see who numbers as high as that on a different dyno. This dyno might need to be recalibrated, or those numbers might be at the crank with some very generous corrections or calculations anticipating a large % drivetrain loss. I don’t doubt that the tune is a big improvement, but I doubt that other dynos would read as high as this one. 350hp at the crank would be a solid tune and would be far more realistic.
I will concur with that; based on my understanding I would expect the WHP to be around the 290-300or so range with a 93 optimized map on the SI6.

Hello from 🇬🇧
I got my 2012 V60 T6 tuned on a dyno and more than happy with the results. Car made just over 350bhp and close to 570nm torque. I've only owned the car for a week and currently planning a few more mods.
Which tuning platform did they use? Hilton? RICA? Would like to know more.

Did you run a baseline run prior to the optimized map? I would have to think it's on the dyno chart. What were those numbers?

8101 - 8120 of 8172 Posts