SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

7001 - 7020 of 7145 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
First drain very black, but smelt/felt OK... second like dark chocolate with a hint of red if you looked at it long enough, kind of like that Ember Black metallic color... third was still dark brown, but I’d run out of time and energy at that point so I fired up Vida, reset the counter and warmed it up for the level... finally the color of the pint or so I got out when setting the level started to look like transmission fluid:

Nice! Thanks to covid I had enough pho take out lids so I took a pic when I did this last weekend
:D
Just shy of 80k miles on my XC, I have some records and can say no signs of previous changes.

A was the original drain
E was the final leveling

·
Registered
136 Posts
Swapped to my winter wheels yesterday and gave it a quick bath. Glad I did it yesterday as the rain came early today. The Polestar wheels are simply the best. Contrary to when I tried these out immediately after picking them up, my ongoing vibration on the highway was a lot lower, however I am getting some steering wander. Hopefully they just need balanced.

I took a look at the dented Titania wheel that is the culprit of 90% of my vibration, and it's a good sized dent on the inside edge, but not enough to break the tie bead. I'm glad they will be relegated to winter use after this year.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
This weekend I am going to try to fit the do88 FMIC model # ICM-220 into the V60 with ACC. I bought this for my T6 V70 P3, which was written off.

The Australian do88 importer says it can't be done, but there is a guy in Adelaide who has put this intercooler into several V60s.
Wish me luck!

·
Registered
521 Posts
Installed winter wheels and rubber mats last weekend. Inspected brakes and suspension while summer wheels where off; all is good !

·
Registered
308 Posts
Installed winter wheels and rubber mats last weekend. Inspected brakes and suspension while summer wheels where off; all is good !
What rubber mats did you install? I have Weathertech floor liners and a cheapo Amazon rubber cargo mat in back year-round. Do you have something different for the non-winter months?

·
Registered
832 Posts
Swapped the headlight bulbs for Osram Nightbreakers... seem brighter in the garage... acid test comes tonight

·
Registered
45 Posts
changed the trunk hatch lid for one with OEM tinted glass - cheaper than getting it tinted !!

·
Administrator
55,864 Posts
The mechanical cluster is kinda neat looking, those are rare to see.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Washed the car and going to get my winter wheels mounted.

Ordered a CF steering wheel from KT4 and another set of weather tech floor mats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello Polestar!

Having come out of a Golf 7R, this package is deja vu!
It has turned the V60 into a beast

·
Registered
6 Posts
Washed the car and going to get my winter wheels mounted.

Ordered a CF steering wheel from KT4 and another set of weather tech floor mats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice S60! What grille is that? From CC?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Today I put on H&R springs on my car, Looks alot better now and it's going to look even better when I put on my 19" Bor summerwheels on next spring :) Since I'm new to this forum, I'll just write here what I have done with my car so far. It's just small mods, trying to make a boring familycar look a litle better.
It's a 2015 modell D2 Summum (Think its called Premium in the states) Changed to black mirriorcovers, put in entertainment system in the headrest for the kids (the wife loves it too ;)),changed the muffler from single tip to double. Used a muffler from R-Design but kept the original "diffuser" of the bumper only changing the lower black plastic to one that has room for one tailpipe on each side, since I'm not a big fan of the R-Design diffuser.

Before and after pics, sorry for the boring winterwheels :LOL:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Changed over to my winter tires/rims and saw that I only travelled a bit over 700 miles on my summer tires this year so apparently am doing my part and staying home. Car is a bit dirty but didn't feel up to washing it in 40 degree weather.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Great work.

Put some spacers on the car to get those wheels out further. The high offset is more so apparent with the lower height. Most of us on H&R's seem to be fine with 10 mm up front and 15 mm rear, but some have run 20 mm rear successfully.

·
Registered
521 Posts
What rubber mats did you install? I have Weathertech floor liners and a cheapo Amazon rubber cargo mat in back year-round. Do you have something different for the non-winter months?
The Volvo ones.
They are sold in kit: 2 piece front and 3 piece rear with the small mat that goes over the center tunnel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Great work.

Put some spacers on the car to get those wheels out further. The high offset is more so apparent with the lower height. Most of us on H&R's seem to be fine with 10 mm up front and 15 mm rear, but some have run 20 mm rear successfully.
Thanks, I allready have 10 mm spacer front and rear. Looking for either 15 or 20 mm in the rear. Think that will look good on the car :)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I know some of you have seen me singing the praises of my TDI-Tuning box and I do love it for the improvement it gives on top of the excessively mild 3.0T Polestar optimization, however I have decided that I plan on keeping the car a long time and would like to take it further to address some traits that continue to irritate me which the TDI box cannot fix. I like to go to the drag strip and a major dissatisfier for me is the very annoying soft launch and severe torque limiting in the first two gears which play out over the course of an entire quarter mile run, where time added to the soft launch makes the car run 3-5 tenths slower in the quarter mile than it should be capable of with less restrictive factory ecu/ tcu tuning. The TDI box makes a huge difference in top end pull but minimal difference at launch and in the first two gears where the factory ecu holds it back. The fact that it improves upon the P* tune’s quarter mile time and trap speed comes in spite of the ongoing factory tuning effort to hold back the car’s performance. Without factory nannies to work around, the car should be much quicker even at the same peak power level, nevermind with a big bump in power on top of that.

I therefore made a rather impulsive decision to jump on an opportunity to go with Hilton Tuning on their 15% off Black Friday sale. I ordered the Stage 2+ tune and will be uninstalling the TDI box and moving forward with loading Hilton software in the near future. I’m also planning to get the Mototec 3” catback as I suspect my stock catback has been a bottleneck with my current setup and the new tune will certainly benefit from a the efficiency of a complete turboback.

Current quarter mile best of semi-repeatable 12.9s but often stuck in the low 13s. Looking for high 12s all day every day and a chance to see how much farther I can get into the 12s under ideal conditions, Will Hilton let me see 12.7s or better? Stay tuned!

7001 - 7020 of 7145 Posts