SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

6421 - 6440 of 7143 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Temperatures in the 50's and clear skies so gave Speedy a wash and clay bar yesterday. Today was a wipe down then a new coat of wax, vacuum inside and treat the leather. Cleaned the engine compartment checked and dressed tires and all fluids are good. Tomorrow I'll do the dash and door panels to finish it all off.

Went down to the local Staples store to get a good gamer chair for my home office since working from home for a while. Took my wife's SUV and since it was on the way home, stopped off at the car wash. After doing my car, figured I'd do a quick detail on the SUV and use the spray detailer. Did you know that you can do 3/4 of an SUV before you realize you grabbed the leather conditioner instead of the detailer spray? :facepalm:

·
Registered
522 Posts
Did you know that you can do 3/4 of an SUV before you realize you grabbed the leather conditioner instead of the detailer spray? :facepalm:
Ooof that's the kind of thing I could see myself doing, so many of the bottles look pretty much identical that you have to really pay attention. Was the leather conditioner easy to get off?

Yesterday spent a little more time on the stereo install in the V60, tapped the 12V from the center console, ran that along with a DSP remote cable and a coax cable for a Fiio X5 from the arm rest to the trunk.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
P/N is 31360098. P/N for the locking nuts is 985930, you’ll need 4.
:thumbup:

Thanks for the parts numbers. Installed this weekend. Waiting for the rain to clear to see how much of an improvement this made.

·
Registered
12,760 Posts
Pretty color!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Swapped out the chipped grille inserts I had painted with an extra set I just recently painted. Hopefully these don't chip as easily. Will probably sand down the ones I just removed and repaint them too, nice and thick lol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Had a new windshield installed after getting a small chip about a month ago. It was right in my line of sight and it really bugged me so they said to change the whole windshield because a patch would bug me even more - good call. The tech really got a kick out of my prancing moose stickers!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Finally got the summer wheels back on. Did some color matching by getting the mirror caps and grille frame painted the same color as the wheels.

Skickat från min LYA-L29 via Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
Family wash day. The pollen needs to stop. You can’t really tell but you could see dust on each car minutes after it was washed and they’ll just get dustier for two weeks while we sit in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
197 Posts
Family wash day. The pollen needs to stop. You can’t really tell but you could see dust on each car minutes after it was washed and they’ll just get dustier for two weeks while we sit in the house.

Put a cover on them?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Had my indy do oil/filter, RR wheel bearing, said all the other fluids looked great, cleaned up the KT4 downpipe, IPD catback fitment issues. I put the summers on yesterday, quick interior clean up, swap out floor mats.

·
Registered
92 Posts
At 40,200 miles I did a transmission drain and fill 3 times, changed both front and rear diff/angle gear and changed the Haldex.
I was shocked how dirty the trans and diff fluid was. Haldex fluid looked fine.
I used an icarsoft vol II for trans fluid temp, worked perfect.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Finally got around to fitting my adjustable rear camber arms from Megan Racing. Rear camber was at -2º on passenger side and -2.2º on driver side. Was getting uneven tire wear causing droning noise. Brought the rear to -1º on both sides. Install was straight forward, 2 bolts per side and nothing else has to be undone to remove and install these. A little difficult to adjust and lock down, especially when suspension is under load and wheel in place due to clearance.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just as the p* does.. Haven't got any in my hands but the dimensions looks ok to me.. the recess on the back portion, looks smaller on the copy than it is on the real one.. but dimension wise they look the same.. I'm curious to see if anybody has some experience with this particular item

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Hello,

I was thinking about putting a p* spoiler on my RD S60. I've found a replica on ebay, not 100% the same but the price difference is substantial; any thoughts on this particular item ? Anybody has already put it on their car ?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Painted-Vol...rentrq:552813571710a4e863cb75d5fff1d134|iid:1
Personally, I would steer clear of replica spoilers. I bought one years ago for my Audi from what looked to be a reputable seller on Ebay. Long story short, fitment was atrocious and I had to open a dispute with my credit card company to get rid of the awful thing as the seller fought tooth and nail to say it was fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 2012 S60 T6 R-Design with the polestar tune.. Just pulled the trigger on the 8EightFab 3.5" down pipe and the Polestar - Stage 2 tune from Hilton Tuning along with the torque limiter delete. The down pipe wont be fabricated for about 6-8 weeks.. Kinda sucks, but i'm pumped to see what kind of gains I get out of it. I've had the car for a little over 2 years now. Wish I would have pulled the trigger a little sooner, but the Polestar tune kept me satisfied for awhile. This is the first sport sedan I have owned.

Heres a list of all the mods I have:

- Koni Special active struts and shocks with HD strut mounts
- Ipd sway bar with HD end links
- GFB Diverter Valve Upgrade
- Ipd torque engine mount
- K&N drop in filter
- NKG one step colder spark plugs

I've done a ton of research on whether or not to add the Elevate cat back exhaust, Snabb intake with the 3" piping and the DO88 FMIC. However, the exhaust seems like it's going to be more of a sound increase rather than a performance increase, the intake seems like it is also more of a sound increase over performance and the DO88 FMIC just seems like a real pain to install. The down pipe is already going to be a nearly impossible task. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying the exhaust and intake won't add gains, but for the money, I don't see them being worth it. The DO88 FMIC is the only other mod I am considering, but I will decide that after I get the tune and see how things go.

Having said all that, i'm no expert when it comes to cars. Just done a lot of research and tried to pinpoint the areas that improve the cars performance the most. Not a fan of throwing money at the car for a deeper tone (exhaust) or a cool swoosh (intake) and getting minimal performance gains. I am open to any feedback from you guys. I know a ton of you have at least one or multiple of these mods and any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I'll be giving the car a full detail later this week, i'll post pics when it's done!

6421 - 6440 of 7143 Posts