SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
6421 - 6440 of 6463 Posts

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Replaced the FPS with a fresh new one that I've had on hand for a while now knowing if need one eventually. Been getting an intermittent P0193 the past few weeks with a couple instances I could feel the fuel cut out for a split second upon mashing the throttle. All seems well so far.
Adding a gratuitous engine shot just because.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,881 Posts
It is astounding how clean that is.
So Cal for ya.
Replaced the FPS with a fresh new one that I've had on hand for a while now knowing if need one eventually. Been getting an intermittent P0193 the past few weeks with a couple instances I could feel the fuel cut out for a split second upon mashing the throttle. All seems well so far.
Adding a gratuitous engine shot just because.

·
Registered
3 Posts
For sure, they do. But the part you leave unpainted looks better to most people. Of course it's all personal preference and what appeals to YOU. People have done various things with borders and such on their S60 taillights.

Funny enough, there is a 05 2.5T in local yards right now with near pristine taillights. Left them in the car. This is a school car for my kids. I say I don't want to dump a bunch of money on mods for it, yet I already have bought several things.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Funny enough, there is a 05 2.5T in local yards right now with near pristine taillights. Left them in the car. This is a school car for my kids. I say I don't want to dump a bunch of money on mods for it, yet I already have bought several things.
Not sure how much a yard wants for them, but most likely for less if not far less than a Volvo enthusiast would sell for.

·
Registered
17,881 Posts
Yeah - those pictures you've shared in the past make me ill. :ROFLMAO:
I'd be able to do so much more on my cars if I had no corrosion. It would almost be a joy to tinker.
Thank you! My favorite part about So Cal. And the under carriage is just about as clean. The bottom and back of the engine block you'd swear was brand new!

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
911 Posts
Progress on the T5 M66 front - knuckles out, driveshaft out, motor mount brackets out, and last but not least, transmission out. Will start tackling swapping the clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, master cylinder, and slave tomorrow.

Anyone know what this tube part is? Under the intake manifold between 2 different check valves. I'll want to replace all the rubber hoses here.

Gas Auto part Automotive tire Electric blue Pipe

All the stuff out.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Couch

Ratchet straps used to hold the transmission while lowering. I used 2 straps around several points and it worked ok.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Car
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Light Automotive lighting

Lots of junk in the case. Anyone know what it would be?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Wheel Gear

Will be removing this tomorrow!
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Alloy wheel

More to come.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
What are the lines connected to? I can't tell what that piece is.

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
911 Posts
I found the P/N and those lines are all one volvo part - P/N 30757307 - Volvo Evap Hose - 6 sections of hose, 2 check valves, 1 T fitting, and right angle fitting. I'm looking at my options to just replace the tubing. It winds from the back of the engine to the top of the intake manifold and somewhere else.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Added the T5R/ Volvo Motorsports badge....not a lot of options as to spacing but I like it.
Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive lighting

Reactions: bmdubya1198

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
My T5 is has a chirping noise coming from the tb area, which I suspect is the wp. Like an idiot I didn’t change it when I did the tb 30k ago. Ordered an Aisins wp and oil cooler seals, and a crank seal. Really don’t want to do this but need to protect the motor despite the 200k suggested interval for the wp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
911 Posts
My T5 is has a chirping noise coming from the tb area, which I suspect is the wp. Like an idiot I didn’t change it when I did the tb 30k ago. Ordered an Aisins wp and oil cooler seals, and a crank seal. Really don’t want to do this but need to protect the motor despite the 200k suggested interval for the wp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ouch. Not a fun job, but necessary. With all the labor it took to get in there, WP replacement is recommended although not technically necessary. Good Luck! Gotta keep all the T5 M66 cars on the road!

I finally got a few more hours to spend on my T5M66.

Wire brush and dremel to clean the road grime off the trans:
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Automotive design Wood

Slave and Tube Installed:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Motor vehicle

Flywheel Clutch and Pressure Plate Out:
Wheel Tire Automotive tire White Product

Spec Single Mass in:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Motor vehicle

Spec Clutch and Pressure Plate In:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Replaced the Evap Recirculation Hoses with Silicone
Line Pliers Gas Bicycle part Tool

Stopped today getting the Clutch Master Cylinder Out. Will continue when I can. I can see light at the end of the tunnel!

Reactions: ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Eh, not too bad. I think my least favorite part is taking apart everything on the back side to lock the cams. Much easier to access on the P1 cars, so I've discovered.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
What size are the hoses used for that? And did you replace any of plastic bits, check valves and such?

I believe either 7 or 8 mm. I usually use 5 and 7 mm hoses to replace all of the vacuum hoses on these cars.

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
911 Posts
What size are the hoses used for that? And did you replace any of plastic bits, check valves and such?

I used 8mm ID x 2.5mm Wall tubing. Worked well for fittiing, but we'll see if any of the connections will require clamps. From factory the 2 ends nearest the intake manifold bung have clamps, which is probably due to the intake pressure. Upstream of the check valve it is probably all very low pressure.

Reactions: Phixion

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I used 8mm ID x 2.5mm Wall tubing. Worked well for fittiing, but we'll see if any of the connections will require clamps. From factory the 2 ends nearest the intake manifold bung have clamps, which is probably due to the intake pressure. Upstream of the check valve it is probably all very low pressure.
Thank you! All the check valves seemed in good order from the heat of the engine bay?

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
911 Posts
Thank you! All the check valves seemed in good order from the heat of the engine bay?

They look good, but don't know about their function. Does anyone know at what pressure these check valves open? I can test with my air compressor adjusted to the correct pressure but don't know what to adjust to.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
They're just one-way valves, you can test them by blowing in the direction of the arrow. You should not be able to blow the opposite direction.

·
Registered
2005 S60 T5 M66 with 4c
911 Posts
Transmission is back in the T5M66.
Land vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Rim Automotive exterior

Almost there...

6421 - 6440 of 6463 Posts