SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Start a thread for easy stuff.

Since I am not so much fun of the plastic center console trim, I bought a stainless steel trim and put it on. Unfortunately I chose wrong color because the color option icon is weird on the seller website. I like silver trim to match the trim around cup holders. But I ordered a black blushed steel trim by mistake, and only realized after putting it on.

After all, not that awkward as the inside is dark usually. A silver one should be much better.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Great color combo @FusionRed. I got a quote to have the nose and hood of my XC60 wrapped with Xpel.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I’m tempted to do that - I have a factory clear bra on my Pathfinder and with all the pebbles we get on the road from winter sanding it definitely helps. But i like to keep my cars until the wheels fall off and a few years ago the clear bra starting cracking and recently started peeling off. Is there something I should have done to take better care of it? Or is it replaceable? Doesn’t matter for my Pathfinder - it’s our beater car now anyway - just thinking ahead in case I get something like Xpel on the hood and side mirrors of my XC60 cuz I think that would be a good idea given the local road conditions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oooo, I like that. Is is real steel or just a shiny laminate over plastic?

I believe it is metal. I can bend it a little with finger to better fit the contour. Plastic and stainless steel doesn't bend. Steel/iron may be but tested with magnet and no attraction. So it looks like aluminum to me.

Here is the link:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32913961803.html

·
Registered
444 Posts
Heh. I was wondering when someone would start a thread like this. I didn't know they made something like that. Thanks for the link...

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
That’s pretty slick - thanks for the link. Easy to install?

Yeh, 3M tape applied underneath the parts already. Just peel and stick. Of course adjust the bending a little bit, peel some of the 3M cover on side, and from rear end and position rear end first, then continue peel and stick the sides. Just don't peel the cover all the way at once. It could stick to anywhere it touches. Should be very easy for everyone.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Great color combo @FusionRed. I got a quote to have the nose and hood of my XC60 wrapped with Xpel.
Did my entire XC90 and we love it. Some people think we are crazy but we like the other poster keep our cars until the wheels fall off so this plus a 10yr warranty were a couple investments we made in longevity

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Did my entire XC90 and we love it. Some people think we are crazy but we like the other poster keep our cars until the wheels fall off so this plus a 10yr warranty were a couple investments we made in longevity

The hood/bonnet of my 1st XC60 took a beating and it really bothered me over the years. Of course there was other body damage I never repaired too from parking it outdoors for most of its life.

My new XC60 is also going to be garaged for the foreseeable future, also protecting my asset.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Spending time here in these forums you get the idea that the XC60 is popular and fairly common.

I’ve been in Virginia for a week and have yet to see a new SPA XC60 in the wild and only two of the new model XC90’s. They are everywhere in the UK.

Anyway, just an observation. We have a rental Jeep Grand Cherokee and hate it.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It is just time and number. During 2016 2017 I only see a few XC90 around town but now see several every day. Start seeing XC60 and XC40 in the second year too.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
XC90’s are everywhere. I’m just starting to see 1-2 XC60’s a day, but living 3 miles away from a large dealership, some of these may be people out on test rides. XC40’s are still kinda rare even though there are plenty of the on the dealers lots. New S60’s even more rare, but I did see a Fusion Red R-Design out on I-80 the other day.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
XC90’s are everywhere. I’m just starting to see 1-2 XC60’s a day, but living 3 miles away from a large dealership, some of these may be people out on test rides. XC40’s are still kinda rare even though there are plenty of the on the dealers lots. New S60’s even more rare, but I did see a Fusion Red R-Design out on I-80 the other day.
I'm just starting to see more XC40's on the road. I see more XC60/90's all the time.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I'm just starting to see more XC40's on the road. I see more XC60/90's all the time.
I’m guessing with the XC40 now included in Aplan we will be seeing more of them. My sister is highly considering one, but also wants a HUD in her next car. I keep telling her she should “settle” on a V60 ha!

·
Registered
364 Posts
Mounted my new license plates.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Cool Jazx83! I thought maybe you tracked your T8 at Watkins Glenn! A long time ago I lived in Syracuse (raised in the Capital District), though never checked out WG -- but would love to visit now.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Mounted my new license plates.

Nice plates. I have a similar personalization in mind for when mine is delivered. Hopefully it’s still available then!

·
Registered
28 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts