SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
101 - 120 of 11528 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Welcome to Volvo and to Swedespeed! I'm sure that's a fairly tangible difference. You know you're not allowed to post things like this without pictures though, right? ;)
Welcome to Volvo and to Swedespeed! I'm sure that's a fairly tangible difference. You know you're not allowed to post things like this without pictures though, right? ;)
Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
That's a good looking wagon, Barundon! I like that color. Is that Venetian Red?

And melissam, installing the spoiler is not too hard…it's just a little nerve-wracking drilling into the tailgate. You can find instructions here. I put a deposit down and got the plastic templates on loan from JRL, which made it a lot easier and figured it was worth the effort because I was doing two (other should be here in a few weeks). But many have done it w/o the templates without any trouble. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade, IMHO…

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
That's Ruby Red Metallic. It's a deeper, more conservative color than the "hey there, it's me, Passion Red"! :)

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Before
And now.

It's been nearly two years with this car and I still have a ways to go. I'm actually picking up a Borla XR-1 soon so I'll have a custom exhaust set up. Don't worry videos will come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Installed my wing.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Installed my wing.

I want one! I don't care which colour! :D

Do you have a fairing for those round bars? I have the same ones and man do they howl on the highway, but I came across a neat trick. Get a 3' or 4' bunjee (I was able to find them in black :thumbup:) and wrap it around the bar 6-8s time across the length of it an it will quiet them right down. What it does is disrupts the air flow going over the bars so it doesn't create a uniform low pressure are behind the bar which causes howling. I was about to sink $120 into a fairing until i did this. It looks interesting, not that I care. I'd take a pic but my phone is shot.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I want one! I don't care which colour! :D

Do you have a fairing for those round bars? I have the same ones and man do they howl on the highway, but I came across a neat trick. Get a 3' or 4' bunjee (I was able to find them in black :thumbup:) and wrap it around the bar 6-8s time across the length of it an it will quiet them right down. What it does is disrupts the air flow going over the bars so it doesn't create a uniform low pressure are behind the bar which causes howling. I was about to sink $120 into a fairing until i did this. It looks interesting, not that I care. I'd take a pic but my phone is shot.
My $40 craigslist score.

I have a fairing for the bars but due to the moonroof I can't use it unless I get some type extension brackets to move it ahead of the glass. It sure does howl. I'll have to try your bungee trick. Thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I scavenged an old GPS mount and a spare radio pocket to fab up an Ipod mount (please excuse the ratty appearance of the pocket). I ended up drilling a hole on the side of the pocket to secure the base. The mount still rotates left and right, the up/down is a fixed position though.

·
Registered
762 Posts
I have a similar mount for my phone! How is your iPod connected to the head unit?
I bought a used Usaspec pa11-vol unit from a forum member here last month. Because my car has factory nav and I wanted to retain its functionality while adding Ipod integration, I also bought the Y-splitter.

·
Registered
63,013 Posts
What does that do?

·
Registered
762 Posts
Jim, I even hyperlinked it on my post above

Click on it and be rewarded.

You probably know that the factory nav connects to the back of the radio using the external CD changer port. The Usaspec pa11-vol also connects to the external CD changer port. Without the splitter, you must choose one or the other. With the splitter, you keep both.

·
Registered
20,495 Posts
The bungee trick is a good one. I'll have to give that a shot. I assume that is why the sunroof wind deflector has teeth.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I got an oil change done but the filter that O'Reilly Auto Parts sold me was the wrong one so they had to put back in the old filter, and I have to make another trip to the mechanic with the right one. I would change it myself but for some reason the filter is at the bottom of the engine!

101 - 120 of 11528 Posts