SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
10741 - 10760 of 10811 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yes, Zak, I was picking up other stuff and saw that they were on clearance. $559 for a 18.5ft2 bottom freezer one that is 66.5" tall and I have a 67" height space so have been looking for one that would fit for quite a while.

I've moved twice in these two COVID years with just the wagon. It doesn't seem to flinch when going up a mountain road fully (very) loaded. Polestar made a difference, and although no aux trans cooler, I keep the fluid fresh.

·
Registered
2004 Volvo V70 FWD Manual
162 Posts
Sitting at the dealership waiting for my new air bag to be installed.
Also getting a remote and key and a spare service key.
First person that went to get my car couldn't drive it. Manual. LOL

·
Registered
18,333 Posts
Thought you had an XC. It's been manual swapped?

·
Registered
18,333 Posts
That's awesome! Luckily, a fridge is a giant empty shoebox. More awkward that heavy.
Careful... I hope the fridges now don't have the same issues of ones in the past. Turning them on their side messed up oil placement in the compressor, and the life of it.
Funny. I really doubt you slammed on brakes and did that, as your XC looks very clean.
Was in Home Depot and a fridge I wanted was on clearance but had to take it today -- no delivery as their computer said it was out of stock (nothing made sense, but I paid for it and could take it). Shameful tie-down job especially as I was a boy scout but it worked. At home simply untied it and slammed on the brakes when I reached my driveway :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
That's awesome! Luckily, a fridge is a giant empty shoebox. More awkward that heavy.
Careful... I hope the fridges now don't have the same issues of ones in the past. Turning them on their side messed up oil placement in the compressor, and the life of it.
Funny. I really doubt you slammed on brakes and did that, as your XC looks very clean.
Hopefully I don't have the compressor oil issue -- seeking answers online to that was like trying to find answers to what oil weight and brand is best for a car ... And, yes, only imagined the braking and thanks, not bad for 275K, right? Aiming to keep the XC for many more years for utility / trips / snow but switch to an EV for daily drives (the VW id 4 perhaps, test drove the Recharge but its significantly more expensive).

·
Registered
18,346 Posts
This happens too often to me

·
Registered
2,648 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
I spent yesterday removing the driver side carpeting to dry it from a previously fixed heater core leak (man that was a pain).

Now I’m trying to chase down the slight squeak/rub sound I get on the drivers side when turning full stop in forward or reverse. I feel a slight slip of something over there.

·
Registered
2004 Volvo V70 FWD Manual
162 Posts
I spent yesterday removing the driver side carpeting to dry it from a previously fixed heater core leak (man that was a pain).

Now I’m trying to chase down the slight squeak/rub sound I get on the drivers side when turning full stop in forward or reverse. I feel a slight slip of something over there.
Try Damp Rid. I used it in my BMW when I had a cooler spill. Works like magic to pull moisture out of an interior.

Damp Rid

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
lol it's so bad

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I weirdly think it looks cool - it's different

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
View attachment 143453

Guess I need to buy a black steering wheel now.

I have a nice 3 spoke S60 wheel, not the thicker Sport but very nice, off a carfax verified 70 K mile car that would like to get out of the garage . . . but, you should have made the steering swap before the airbag recall, the bags themselves cost $130 (down from 800) at the moment.

10741 - 10760 of 10811 Posts