SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
10721 - 10740 of 10811 Posts

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
South side auto repair on the corner of Tompkins and Conklin, finding him to be a lot more competent than other self owned garages in the area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to know.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 V70 2.5T Auto
25 Posts
Creating lists and priorities for my 04 V70. I'm still chasing vibrations/clunking in the front suspension, like just about everyone on the forum. The rear (lower) engine mount is the last one I need to replace. The steering wheel vibration has improved with each of the previous mount replacements, but there's still more body shaking than there should be when the car is stopped. The front struts are spent. They're not leaking, but are rusted and sloppy. LCA bushings are cracked/torn.

The car threw a p0420 code last week and I'll start chasing that down when I get the car back up on jack stands. I honestly can't tell if its running rough or if the last collapsed mount or spent subframe bushings are just making it feel that way. I have plugs, ignition coils, air and fuel filters on-route for a basic tune-up. The coils are the factory originals as far as I can see from the maintenance records we got from the previous (first) owners. Plugs have about 80k miles on them. I believe the PCV is still the original and does not appear to have been serviced by the previous owners.

I still have to replace the parking brakes and cables. I have the parts, but that was pushed down the list by other repairs. Choices, choices, choices.

·
Registered
18,346 Posts
Wheel Tire Cloud Car Snow

Enjoyed driving it in the snow

·
Registered
V70 02/2007 auxiliary heater with all start/stop options Billstein B12 kit Xc90 brakes abl retrofit
182 Posts
Installed some refurbished xenon abl headlights from a S60 2009.
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Plant
Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
73 Posts
Creating lists and priorities for my 04 V70. I'm still chasing vibrations/clunking in the front suspension, like just about everyone on the forum. The rear (lower) engine mount is the last one I need to replace. The steering wheel vibration has improved with each of the previous mount replacements, but there's still more body shaking than there should be when the car is stopped. The front struts are spent. They're not leaking, but are rusted and sloppy. LCA bushings are cracked/torn.

The car threw a p0420 code last week and I'll start chasing that down when I get the car back up on jack stands. I honestly can't tell if its running rough or if the last collapsed mount or spent subframe bushings are just making it feel that way. I have plugs, ignition coils, air and fuel filters on-route for a basic tune-up. The coils are the factory originals as far as I can see from the maintenance records we got from the previous (first) owners. Plugs have about 80k miles on them. I believe the PCV is still the original and does not appear to have been serviced by the previous owners.

I still have to replace the parking brakes and cables. I have the parts, but that was pushed down the list by other repairs. Choices, choices, choices.
If the PCV is indeed original that would be my first priority, even if it’s passing the “glove test”

·
Registered
18,346 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Volvo V70 FWD Manual
162 Posts
Not so much my car as new V70 happenings.
Guy calls my store and says he has a 04 V70 and needs some rear bulbs. I'm like, "you called the right store at the right time to talk to the right guy". I have a 04 V70 and just replaced the rear lights.
Got him the correct bulbs and gave him advice on how to change them. He also ordered a new rear wiper that he picked up today.
I advised him to get a T25 screwdriver since he will find many uses for it.

·
Registered
18,333 Posts
THAT's for sure.
LOL
Not so much my car as new V70 happenings.
Guy calls my store and says he has a 04 V70 and needs some rear bulbs. I'm like, "you called the right store at the right time to talk to the right guy". I have a 04 V70 and just replaced the rear lights.
Got him the correct bulbs and gave him advice on how to change them. He also ordered a new rear wiper that he picked up today.
I advised him to get a T25 screwdriver since he will find many uses for it.

·
Registered
18,346 Posts
Reactions: Exocet

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Local dealer put in airbag 32332161 into my 2001 with the Genuine Volvo Accessory ( ;-) tanks S-B) three spoke perforated leather wheel, noting steering wheel was replaced. Thanks Volvo - this and the seat heater+switch replacement keep you on the radar when we finally get a new car.

About the only static was over getting them to take the old 4 spoke airbag for proper disposal, happy to get it out of my garage.

·
Registered
V70 02/2007 auxiliary heater with all start/stop options Billstein B12 kit Xc90 brakes abl retrofit
182 Posts
Wow, couldn’t even see the other car in space with the old headlights 😉

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Local dealer put in airbag 32332161 into my 2001 with the Genuine Volvo Accessory ( ;-) tanks S-B) three spoke perforated leather wheel, noting steering wheel was replaced.

About the only static was over getting them to take the old 4 spoke airbag for proper disposal, happy to get it out of my garage.
Did your 3 spoke steering wheel have an airbag when you took it in to the dealer?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Was in Home Depot and a fridge I wanted was on clearance but had to take it today -- no delivery as their computer said it was out of stock (nothing made sense, but I paid for it and could take it). Shameful tie-down job especially as I was a boy scout but it worked. At home simply untied it and slammed on the brakes when I reached my driveway :)
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
My dealer didn't have any issues taking my "spare" 4 spoke air bag.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Exo, interesting. Seemed like the service manager ultimately had to rule, foreman didn't think they could except the 4 spoke bag.

Nuovo, yes my car had an older 3 spoke bag when I brought it in.

ALS noticed a whole bunch of Vassani fridges at home despot the other day (northeast)

10721 - 10740 of 10811 Posts