SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

9781 - 9800 of 9835 Posts

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
50% reduction (end space) anywhere I go if possible, even if it will make me late.
Parked off in oblivion this morning making a grocery run. Two spaces away from a Subie STI, who was in the end space. Come out to find a car parked in between us. Really!?! Get closer and see it's a very nice 96 Subie SVX. I guess I can make an exception.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
50% reduction (end space) anywhere I go if possible, even if it will make me late.
I've never been weird about parking lots, probably should be more though

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Fire lane where I work. I watch it all day, have seen too many incidents in the crowded lot. (One girl literally rammed a building and drove off)
Only been told to move once in 4 years by a statey.
S70s power steering is getting funky so I got the wagon out. Fixed the leaky headlight and put on hella sharp tones. Some new decals too.

Gunna be doing a benefit ride w some motorcyclists on Saturday, about 110 miles. I think she’ll be running strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Exocet

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
I used to park as far as possible and I guess I need to start doing that again. Got keyed at the JY in the S60 yesterday. Not completely sure who it was....some anti masker was trying to fight with everyone about masks in the office (they're required at this yard) so could have been her (yeah that's not a typo...was like a 120lb woman wearing a sundress trying to pick a fight in the office over masks........really not sure what to make of that) or the guy parked on the other side of the tree from me was sitting there revving his engine while I was unloading my tools. No idea what that dude's problem was; he pulled in like two minutes after me so it's not even like we were racing for the shady spot or something.

But maybe if I parked another 300ft away at the far end of the parking lot nobody would bother to walk over there in the 95°F heat.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Oh my Gawd! I totally respect people’s rights to do as they please, as long as it doesn’t infringe on my rights! 🤦🏻‍♂️ You want to engage in risky behavior? Great! Just don’t smoke weed and drive on the road with other people! You want to base jump off a tall object in a squirrel suit? Fine. Just don’t do it and expect EMS to fly a helicopter to save your ass when you crash. Etcetera, etcetera, etcetera. Oh, and don’t take it out on the GD frontline employee when you don’t like a corporate policy, MotherFücker!

/rant

We’ve discussed it previously... I try to park at the ends of the earth to prevent stuff, but still end up with the occasional hiccup. I recently received a driver’s door ding and I have no idea when or where! 🤨 I also now have a back, driver’s side bumper scuff from a parking lot bump. And, unfortunately, I can’t blame someone else. It was totally my own, distracted-driver fault. 🤬 What can I say? Hey, it’s a daily driver! I’m at the point in my life where I’d rather drive my car than leave it parked in a storage unit. YMMV.

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
Zach has seen where I park at work. I finally have to return to the office after 67 awesome weeks of flip flops and my own air temperature, bathroom, kitchen.
Sh!t still happens. Just stay the F away from me and my stuff! Please... I realize we are but a small population of people who don't see our cars as mere appliances, but respect is a thing either way. Or at least I thought it was. Why would that woman even bother to go key YOUR car?? When you weren't involved in the argument? WTF? Pic please.
I used to park as far as possible and I guess I need to start doing that again. Got keyed at the JY in the S60 yesterday. Not completely sure who it was....some anti masker was trying to fight with everyone about masks in the office (they're required at this yard) so could have been her (yeah that's not a typo...was like a 120lb woman wearing a sundress trying to pick a fight in the office over masks........really not sure what to make of that) or the guy parked on the other side of the tree from me was sitting there revving his engine while I was unloading my tools. No idea what that dude's problem was; he pulled in like two minutes after me so it's not even like we were racing for the shady spot or something.

But maybe if I parked another 300ft away at the far end of the parking lot nobody would bother to walk over there in the 95°F heat.

·
Registered
13,479 Posts
The pick and pull's where I live are pretty rough - off duty cops are there to provide security because I think fights break out from time to time.

Whenever I go to one I take the '06 and park in the hinterlands because it's still nicer than pretty much anything in the lot and I make sure I don't stay long, lol.

The nearest one is 40 minutes or so from where I live and the cars are so trashed it's almost not worth going to unfortunately.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Everyone should just refuse to return to the office.....they wouldn't dare fire everyone with the worker shortage.

I was just adjacent to the altercation queuing with all the other annoyed people who wanted to go out in the yard peacefully. But it could have been the dude revving his engine. Really can't say for sure. Regardless, this is why I have a daily in a non-unobtanium color. I know where there are at least 3 possible replacement doors if one doesn't show up locally first. In the meantime, I'm fkin hyped for my touch up paint out for delivery lol. Just need to hit that bottom scratch, everything else was mostly gone within 10 minutes of getting home. The ding in the middle of the pictures was existing so it'll be an upgrade if I can find a better door when I replace it lol.

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
Yeah, well... I do like my job, so I'll play along on the fringe of controversy for now.
Sorry, man - that still sucks.
I couldn't care less if it was an 86 Hyundai Excel like this one. It's the principle of it. Leave other people's stuff alone.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Wow, a still running first gen Excel! They were pretty atrocious.

·
Registered
13,479 Posts
Too funny about that Excel. I still remember the ads when they came out - starting at $4,995!

I used to think - how bad could be for only five grand brand new? Answer - pretty bad!

Reactions: Exocet

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
I have no idea how old that pic is. It's a first gen that was a truly awful car, and our friends had one.
They were all geeked up about it, and I had to hide my expression. My wife has said this about me, as I'm a man of few words vocally (I can type though LOL):
"Your non-verbal is like a brick wall."
Wow, a still running first gen Excel! They were pretty atrocious.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
To me that series of scratches looks less like an intentional “keyed” car and more like a careless asshole was loading something into their vehicle and dragged it across your door in the process. The end result is still painful but not as targeted.

·
Registered
02 S60 T5M - Black - KW V2, Brembos + HP5.0, FMIC, R Nordkap Swap - 128k
232 Posts
The excel was not the greatest. I did buy a new 2002 Hyundai Accent for 4999, so did my dad and brother! That was actually a good buy, 5 speed, 90hp so no getting in trouble. No a/c though so rocking some sweaty pits in the summer on the way to work.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
I have no idea how old that pic is. It's a first gen that was a truly awful car, and our friends had one.
They were all geeked up about it, and I had to hide my expression. My wife has said this about me, as I'm a man of few words vocally (I can type though LOL):
"Your non-verbal is like a brick wall."
There's a Gen1 Chrysler 300 in the background. So, not before 2005. Looks like a Mercury Topaz next to it. Two odd survivors next to each other.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Most people I know hate their job so that does change the dynamic a bit lol.
To me that series of scratches looks less like an intentional “keyed” car and more like a careless asshole was loading something into their vehicle and dragged it across your door in the process. The end result is still painful but not as targeted.
There was a tree between me and the next car on that side. Otherwise I would agree but the context clues point elsewhere.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
There was a tree between me and the next car on that side. Otherwise I would agree but the context clues point elsewhere.
Well, that does put a damper on that theory. Perhaps they leaned something long (bumper cover?) against the tree but it slid and fell against it? Or maybe I just need to have even less faith in humanity than I already do, LOL.

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
2,340 Posts
That’s a welding glass for whoever was wondering.
Completely forgot to take a picture of the V70, so you’ll have to forgive me there lol!

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
Great photos! That's awesome!

9781 - 9800 of 9835 Posts