SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

9741 - 9760 of 9835 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
And does that black grommet thing just pop out?
It does with a lil squeeze, then there's a zip tie you can release to get a bit more room, I put it back on afterwards
I was guesstimating! Sounds like 10mm, then?

Now that I think about it, I put the bolt through the backside, so that the nut is on the outside. So, depth is less of an issue.
12s are long enough to be easy to work with but short enough to clear the window actuators w/washers. You were my inspiration for the project!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts

Oil change, rotate, balance and cleaned wheels and calipers. Noticed my IPD front sway bar rubs my control arms on both sides lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
2,340 Posts
It does with a lil squeeze, then there's a zip tie you can release to get a bit more room, I put it back on afterwards12s are long enough to be easy to work with but short enough to clear the window actuators w/washers. You were my inspiration for the project!

So I can’t find 12mm screws, but I see 16mm and 10mm. What do you think? Which one would be better for this use?
I found the same lock nuts you did and also want to use a washer, so that can give you an idea of the stuff I need to put on that thread.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
cut off the end of longer one?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
This was a little overdue. I think it's been over 3 years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: SilverStreak177

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
This was a little overdue. I think it's been over 3 years.

Yeah 16 should be fine with a washer.
cut off the end of longer one?
...or this :)
So I can’t find 12mm screws, but I see 16mm and 10mm. What do you think? Which one would be better for this use?
I found the same lock nuts you did and also want to use a washer, so that can give you an idea of the stuff I need to put on that thread.
Oof I need to do mine too. Wanna try to fit the iaqs filter!

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
2,340 Posts

·
Registered
V70 02/2007 auxiliary heater with all start/stop options Billstein B12 kit Xc90 brakes abl retrofit
95 Posts
Yes that would be possible, enough xenon headlights around here, very variety in prices.....

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I'm buying less stuff from Jeff these days, though. Since you turned us onto the cheap aux adapters on AliExpress, I've been buying more and more stuff on there instead of Amazon. Although I didn't actually buy any of those aux adapters when I realized there was no hu control over the phone with them.
Right?!?

Look at these p80 parts!!! Driver window switch for $20, new windshield nozzle for $3 shipped!

I did buy another yatour knock-off just last week. With a PayPal $30 credit, it came out to $35 shipped. Just hope it arrives sometime this summer lol.

·
Registered
5,992 Posts
Right?!?

Look at these p80 parts!!! Driver window switch for $20, new windshield nozzle for $3 shipped!

I did buy another yatour knock-off just last week. With a PayPal $30 credit, it came out to $35 shipped. Just hope it arrives sometime this summer lol.

100% wouldn’t waste my time on the door switch. It won’t have the lights in it and probably won’t fit in the slot well. Learned that years ago when buying a cheap one from eBay. Ended up returning it after I couldn’t even force it in.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
100% wouldn’t waste my time on the door switch. It won’t have the lights in it and probably won’t fit in the slot well. Learned that years ago when buying a cheap one from eBay. Ended up returning it after I couldn’t even force it in.
Interesting! My pax window stopped working after the kids kept playing with it, tried 2x junkyard switches and neither worked, had to get one from Dorman through Uncle Jeff:

$3 wiper fluid nozzle though?!? I mean that's really low risk, yes? I'm totally ordering it tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
2,340 Posts
Today, a duck slammed into my window at full speed, and fell to the ground, dazed.
It stayed there for several hours in a small growing patch in my backyard (which I need to weed lol), motionless.

Called my nearest wildlife rehab center, and I was advised to throw a towel over its head to calm it down, pick it up, and put it in a box (with ventilation holes obviously). Managed to do it after many, many tries, and am now taking it there. It could have broken bones, or internal bleeding because of the force of the impact.

Duck, meet the comforts of the V70!

Turned climate control off of Auto, and pressed the airflow buttons for torso and legs, so that my buddy can also have some fresh air after the Toronto afternoon heat and stress of me trying to catch him.
Obviously, blower’s only on 2 because I don’t want to blast him with cold air. I’ll probably put it to 1 later on.
Definitely an eventful day today.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Took out the vapor canister on the01 V70 T5 to replace the shut off valve and associated hoses. Look before you leap - J hose crack was the culprit even though at most 7 years/60 K miles old (smoke test was pointing to valve area which was leaking also, far more than the J hose).

In the meantime snapped a bolt for the vapor canister bracket, and its pretty darn rusty. ANyone have a bracket they aren;t using (or a whole canister and bracket) from a FWD P2 V70, S60 or P2 S80?

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Doing weegan things today. Eight bags of yard waste to the composting center, then drive Mom around getting gardening supplies. Veggies, flowers, and 9 cu ft of soil.

Reactions: ZZZZZZZ and bhill

·
Registered
16,841 Posts
Check with @Chilled Man, @ScottishBrick, @CapeMayXC70. Maybe they have a stash of stuff?
Took out the vapor canister on the01 V70 T5 to replace the shut off valve and associated hoses. Look before you leap - J hose crack was the culprit even though at most 7 years/60 K miles old (smoke test was pointing to valve area which was leaking also, far more than the J hose).

In the meantime snapped a bolt for the vapor canister bracket, and its pretty darn rusty. ANyone have a bracket they aren;t using (or a whole canister and bracket) from a FWD P2 V70, S60 or P2 S80?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Appreciate the suggestions, I have a rust free example on the way from Texas off an S80. At first "upgrading" the shipment from UPS Surepost (USPS final leg) to UPS Ground pushed the arrival date out an extra day, but Saturday AM its out for delivery . .

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Traversed the state of OH diagonally from the NW to the SE tonight. 330 uneventful miles.

Reactions: ZZZZZZZ
9741 - 9760 of 9835 Posts