SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

9381 - 9400 of 9506 Posts

·
Registered
17,081 Posts
Someone has a "Cupra R" lip on evilbay for short money
And they look nice too. I got one, haven’t installed yet but it’s solid enough for what it’s supposed to be.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Just bought this 2001 T5M on Friday. Registered it the same day with the plates from the 96 850 GLT I sold. Replaced the fuel door hinge I blew off with a pressure washer, and ordered a front plate bracket and volume knob. Also removed the rusty U-Haul trailer hitch, mounted a set of black 18” Pegs and 235/40/18 Contis I already had, and sold the 16” XC wheels and crap snow tires it came with. I might put 18” Tritons on it later. Removed a lot of the tree sap it was covered with. It drives great! We replaced the front brakes at the shop, will be doing the rears soon. It had been sitting behind the place for two years. Next plans are just to finish cleaning the seats and interior, and any Stage Zero stuff it might need. After that, probably coilovers, exhaust, repair the huge dent on the driver’s side and the rust on the right rear wheelarch and door. Oh, and I have a leather steering wheel to replace the worn one-

Reactions: SilverStreak177

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Who's managed to find relatively fresh ZLines from an online retailer? I don't want to see any 2016 or 2017 manufacture dates.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
My oem fuel pump was leaking when we went to put in the dw300c so I ordered a new Bosch one.
Dw300c won’t go in the new Bosch one , as I’m told it’s molded in. So along with the turbo swap , I gotta get a new oem fuel pump aswell lol. What a pita.
S70 died on me Saturday too, hoping it’s just a vac leak but it’s delaying this wagon for sure now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
My oem fuel pump was leaking when we went to put in the dw300c so I ordered a new Bosch one.
Dw300c won’t go in the new Bosch one , as I’m told it’s molded in. So along with the turbo swap , I gotta get a new oem fuel pump aswell lol. What a pita.
S70 died on me Saturday too, hoping it’s just a vac leak but it’s delaying this wagon for sure now.

Why not a used one?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Battery was dead over night, battery less then year old, H8 biggest can't fit , boosted be fine since any ideas? Never happened before

Sent from my Oneplus

·
Registered
842 Posts
For a FWD V70, will TME rear springs lower it much? Are they higher rate?

Anyone ever considered a rear suspension rebuild by swapping out the whole rear subframe arms and spindles? For some reason 2001-2005 is different than 2006+

·
Registered
11 Posts

Before you buy a new fuel pump, look into this:

I got the fuel pump on my 2004 XC70 replaced under warranty a couple of years ago. Reached out to the Volvo Customer Care Team and they scheduled the replacement through the local Volvo dealer.

·
Registered
2004 XC70 AWD Auto
60 Posts

Just thrilled to have my DICE unit and VIDA working straight from the mailbox. Having an adult beverage and a quiet conversation with my wagon 😜

Looks like my original upstream o2 sensor is "missing" per VIDA (not surprised) so I guess it's another visit to the FCPEURO website 😁

Attachments

·
Registered
16,464 Posts
Who's managed to find relatively fresh ZLines from an online retailer? I don't want to see any 2016 or 2017 manufacture dates.

I'm really annoyed by that, too. I finally gave up and put 2016s on my mom's S70; it was either that or buy something else and everything else looked even less attractive. 2018s on my T-5R. '18s on my S60, too, I think.

I know someone on here got '20s buying 225/45r17. Probably going to migrate my 850s to that for their next sets just to get into fresher rubber if nothing else.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Why not a used one?
Didn’t even cross my mind I don’t have the tool to get em out either. I’ll keep my eye open for a part out
I got 2018 zlines from Amazon last year

·
Super Moderator
8,666 Posts
Replaced Engine Oil Filter, Cabin Air Filter (1.5" Activated Charcoal), Upper Coolant Radiator Hose, Lower Intercooler Hose, & Coolant Expansion Tank Lid. Mostly preventative maintenance, except for the two hoses. Coolant hose has been leaking at the radiator. Removed it and didn't see any cracks, so hoping this will be it. Lower intercooler hose was all swollen up and starting to leak oil out the top.

Also ordered four new Nokian Entyre 235/65R16 107T XL BSW.
@roxanaschram's post (HERE) made me comfortable enough to give them a shot. I measured all around and it seems like they should fit. Guess we'll see soon. lol

·
Registered
17,081 Posts
In case anyone was curious, P3 wheel lock bolts fit p2 perfectly. This was an issue for me since the p2 locking bolts wouldn’t fit my BBS.

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
2,135 Posts
Replaced the 200W amp with the 300W amp. Alone, it took about 2hrs with some seized seat frame screws. You have to unbolt the seat — can’t maneuver your way around it.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Replaced the 200W amp with the 300W amp. Alone, it took about 2hrs with some seized seat frame screws. You have to unbolt the seat — can’t maneuver your way around it.
I've managed to unplug/plug in amp with seat in, but it's close as hell. With seat ALL the way back/forward and up I've undone the bolts but taking seat bolts out and leaning it back is way easier

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
2,135 Posts
I've managed to unplug/plug in amp with seat in, but it's close as hell. With seat ALL the way back/forward and up I've undone the bolts but taking seat bolts out and leaning it back is way easier

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
How'd you get the bolt on the small amp bracket out? The way the carpet is in mine makes it literally impossible if you don't unbolt and lift the seat.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
I got 2018 zlines from Amazon last year

That's good to know.

9381 - 9400 of 9506 Posts