SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

9361 - 9380 of 9506 Posts

·
Registered
17,081 Posts
Initially you said no, nav could not be added.
You did offer a T5 wheel, but it wasn't all dimpled.
Well, took a closer look. I won’t be drilling holes in $200 steering wheels personally but that’s how it was done at the factory.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Next one you find I'll consider.
Could also just enjoy the wheel sans buttons and use the nav remote, although I'm a huge stickler abt preserving oem function wherever possible...hard question there

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,666 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
@ed-oorklep, have you ever seen this front lip?

VParts in Sweden has it. They don't ship to the US.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: zmarshm1

·
Registered
2006 d5 V70
50 Posts
Coolant flush and checked my rear brake pads after finding the fronts dangerously low.

I've had the rear drivers side retaining clip pop off twice now, after install (during a drive). Time for a new one, or is there a trick I'm not privy to?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
now..I can't unsee that front lip...:rolleyes:

Reactions: Chicago_Wagon

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Swapped winter to summer shoes on the V70 and Camry. Checked brake pads and cleaned wheel wells. Sonax does a great job on painted calipers! Cleaned the winter wheels and tires and stacked them away.

One of the ZLines had a screw in it last fall. So, I patched it before putting it away for the winter. But, the patch is leaking. Will probably have to break the bead to fix it.

Took the wagon for a short drive. Still intermittent vibrations above 60-65 MPH. About ready to toss the ZLines in the trash. My General Altimax Arctic snow tires run smoother than these things do. The two currently in the front had the worst Road Force balance issues, but were deemed okay at the warehouse. Maybe I should just replace those two? They are definitely degrading my driving enjoyment.

Reactions: zmarshm1

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
@Exocet the screw is acting as a balance weight

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,400 Posts
Forgot how good those wheels looked. If you’re tossing the zlines I’ll take em for the XC.
Swapped winter to summer shoes on the V70 and Camry. Checked brake pads and cleaned wheel wells. Sonax does a great job on painted calipers! Cleaned the winter wheels and tires and stacked them away.

One of the ZLines had a screw in it last fall. So, I patched it before putting it away for the winter. But, the patch is leaking. Will probably have to break the bead to fix it.

Took the wagon for a short drive. Still intermittent vibrations above 60-65 MPH. About ready to toss the ZLines in the trash. My General Altimax Arctic snow tires run smoother than these things do. The two currently in the front had the worst Road Force balance issues, but were deemed okay at the warehouse. Maybe I should just replace those two? They are definitely degrading my driving enjoyment.

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
2,135 Posts
I was gonna go buy a pair of minty seat skins (as a backup set) and premium audio door cards (to fit incoming premium audio speakers) today.
Had agreed on a price with seller and was just confirming the pickup location (2.5hrs away from home) and I was told the car got crushed, and none of the interior (or other mechanical) bits were saved. A JY car bought just to be crushed for limited economic profit, despite still having a lot of good things on it. ‘04 S60 T5M btw.
A damn shame. Thank god I didn’t make that drive for nothing.

^ what was supposed to now be in Ruby

·
Registered
2004 V70 T5M
2,135 Posts
Nice! Who’s the R in the background?

9361 - 9380 of 9506 Posts