SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

41 - 60 of 8495 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Installed the IPD subframe bushing inserts and also installed the 30681625A exhaust repair bracket from eeuroparts.com via eBay on Saturday

Swapped out the factory 50x4 amp in favor of a 75x4 amp today(part number 8666630)

·
Registered
732 Posts
Well actually yesterday but I finished late. A TCV And intake.

Do you have your TCV plumbed like this:

PORT 1 (RIGHT SIDE) CONNECTS TO THE HOSE WITH THE BLUE MARKING - intake
PORT 2 (LEFT SIDE) CONNECTS TO THE HOSE WITH THE YELLOW MARKING - wastegate
PORT 3 (MIDDLE) CONNECTS TO THE HOSE WITH THE RED MARKING - turbo

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have been wanting to get out to Car & Coffee, but I just always see to have plans with the family on those particular Saturdays. Are you there every event? I may very well make a point of getting out there once my suspension it done.
I haven't made it out yet this year, but i'm definitely planning on going on the 30th. If you get all of your parts put on by then PM me and we can finally get some Volvos out there.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Thank you, I took another photo today at the work parking lot before heading home

That looks great! I wish those wheels were easier to find—they look great on a P2. Is that your T5?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Yes, that's the T5, although I tried them out on the NA too a while back(before I put snows on):

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
My NA is the same color!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #48 (Edited)
Do you have your TCV plumbed like this:

PORT 1 (RIGHT SIDE) CONNECTS TO THE HOSE WITH THE BLUE MARKING - intake
PORT 2 (LEFT SIDE) CONNECTS TO THE HOSE WITH THE YELLOW MARKING - wastegate
PORT 3 (MIDDLE) CONNECTS TO THE HOSE WITH THE RED MARKING - turbo

It's plumbed like this, mines not from IPD but is the same valve. Only diff is I had to put it together and it cost me 30.00.

·
Registered
732 Posts
It's plumbed like this, mines not from IPD but is the same valve. Only diff is I had to put it together and it cost me 30.00.
They're not the same. You're using the standard MAC 35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA* valve and those are plumbed differently than the version that IPD sells which is a 35L valve:

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?216224-Ipd-hd-tcv&p=2392029&viewfull=1#post2392029

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?178332

*I had the 35A-AAA-DDBA-1BA on my old S70 for almost 4 years and I had it plumbed the same way as ARD/Fuzzy/Snabb:

Compressor (red) should go to Port 3.
Wastegate (yellow) should go to Port 2.
Intake (blue) should go to Port 1.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
this is really helpful.
i would have thought that all these TCVs would be plumbed just the same for ease, but, alas, it turns out not to be the case.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I went to the pick-n-pull today. Snagged a better functioning turn signal switch. Also managed to get the lens and gauge cluster trim out of a '07 S60 that had the silver rings around the gauges. That really dressed up my cluster! And can't beat $5.00 for everything!!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Holy crap. Well thank you for the advice. so just out of curiosity, what differences can i expect when i swap this around?
You want it plumbed as specified so that if the solenoid were to ever fail, it would fail in the normally-open position just like the stock solenoid.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I went to the pick-n-pull today. Snagged a better functioning turn signal switch. Also managed to get the lens and gauge cluster trim out of a '07 S60 that had the silver rings around the gauges. That really dressed up my cluster! And can't beat $5.00 for everything!!
Wow! That's a great $5 spent! None of the yards around here ever seem to have anything late model. I've been curious about the silver gauge rings—do you have to swap the gauge faces like with the R or S80 clusters? Or do the rings just pop off and into place on our clusters? If I can ever get my hands on a set, I'll definitely grab them. I love the S80 faces I put on my wife's car…but don't like how the illumination isn't even.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Took advantage of the rebates and got Bosch pads and rotors for all four corners. Did the fronts tonight. All went well...except I didn't have time to paint my calipers. Another night...
How do these pads and rotors compare to OE? Do the pads create a crap load of brake dust like the OE pads do?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Someone before I owned my car put in aftermarket ceramic pads....no brake dust. Absolutely amazing. I have no idea what I'm using but they have a great feel and have no brake dust. They do seem to perform slightly better when warm

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
How do these pads and rotors compare to OE? Do the pads create a crap load of brake dust like the OE pads do?

I haven't put a ton of miles on yet (I live a mile from work), but so far I've been impressed. Rotors are zinc-coated, and no noticeable brake dust yet. And after rebates, pads and rotors at all four corners, plus e-brake shoes and hardware was under $210 shipped. You can't beat that!

·
Registered
394 Posts
This is what I put in the car. All it was was trim with lense. You'll see exactly what I got in the photos below.

This is my old cluster trim.

Here you can see all of the clips that hold the trim unit into the cluster gauge assembly.

Very easy swap. Remove steering column "clam shell", remove the bezel in front of the cluster assembly, remove 4 screws holding the cluster, pull cluster forward and unplug harness. Carefully lift tabs holding trim onto cluster. Remove old cluster trim and swap with new. Reassembly is reverse of removal.

Love very classy in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Thanks XJFLEXER. That's all I needed. I've had my wife's cluster apart several times. I just didn't know on those clusters if you could just pull the rings, or if you needed the whole face. Good to know what I need—thanks for clarifying!

41 - 60 of 8495 Posts