SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
6061 - 6080 of 11528 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
No, this.....I guess it's a folding table, in Volvo-ese.

·
Registered
19,392 Posts
Put my original e codes on my friends 02 OR XC

Super nice cosmetic upgrade AND a radically better and useful beam pattern for lows and highs.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Got my car back today.
Here's what was done -

- Rostra Transmission Solenoids
- IPD Sway bars front + rear
- Kahplenke Delrin Subframe bushings
- Hutchinson lower engine mounts & pad mount
- 2005+ power steering reservoir
- IPD CBV upgrade
- Pierburg TCV w/ IPD silicone hose kit
- Alarm module
- Brake pads front + rear, Brake fluid flush
- Coolant flush
- Front tires changed to match rears
- ABS Wheel sensor

and a cabin air filter for good measure.
Hit a square corner as hard as possible, no more STC or ABS light when squealing the tires. The sway bars and bushings are definitely doing their job too. Bit more vibration at idle, but the vibration from 60-70 is gone.
Drove for 2 hours and from what I can tell, the shift delay from park to other gears is gone.
No more "Alarm service needed" either.

Can't wait for the road trip I'm going on next week - Maine to Florida over a 2 week span. Will post some pics!

Have a spare IPD TCV and Sway bars from a 2001 t5 if anyone is interested as well.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Brake failure stop safely, Engine System Service Required, no ABS, no AWD. BCM is grayed out in VIDA.

CEM lower relay is dead (rightmost on the pic).

Had it replaced with the used one from a donor CEM, but the part is TYCO 23134-J54-X455 which is no longer produced :) But it's possible to get a comparable "normal" plug-n-play relay, just decode the datasheet and decide other brand/part number you need: https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf-file/752910/TE/V23134-J0052-X455/1

It sucks Volvo started to solder these relays to PCB in 2005 :-\

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
So I'm going on a 2 week and 2 day trip up to Maine and then down to Florida and back up to NY. Anyone have any recommendations on sites to visit? I don't have many plans other than visit a bunch of national parks and see some big city night life.
Guaranteed so far is Mt washington, Boston, Niagara falls, VA beach, DC, Shenandoah park, Epcot center, everglades... but I haven't really visited many places inbetween VA and Florida before. I'd like to see some spots around there as well.
First day is camping at October Mountain, then off to Boston and Mt washington. Down to the falls, and then it's anything goes really.

·
Registered
19,392 Posts
So I'm going on a 2 week and 2 day trip up to Maine and then down to Florida and back up to NY. Anyone have any recommendations on sites to visit? I don't have many plans other than visit a bunch of national parks and see some big city night life.
Guaranteed so far is Mt washington, Boston, Niagara falls, VA beach, DC, Shenandoah park, Epcot center, everglades... but I haven't really visited many places inbetween VA and Florida before. I'd like to see some spots around there as well.
First day is camping at October Mountain, then off to Boston and Mt washington. Down to the falls, and then it's anything goes really.
Hit me up with your Maine to FL route I have a bunch of suggestions all along that journey.

·
Registered
20,495 Posts
Jealous. Lots of great places, and I'm sure Will's going to load up the itinerary with awesome stops.
Depending on where you are in this area and what day, PM me and I'll see if we can meet up.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Sounds like a fun trip, but very busy with lots of driving. I see a lot of time on I95. Not the most scenic, or enjoyable. Shenandoah NP is a great drive, but slow speed limits and traffic. There are many caves in central VA, along I81. Charleston, SC is a great area. Farther north, Acadia NP/Bar Harbor is a beautiful area. Don't know if you are going that far. IMO, I'd skip Niagara Falls. It's a days drive back from Boston. Spend that time on the east coast.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Jealous. Lots of great places, and I'm sure Will's going to load up the itinerary with awesome stops.
Depending on where you are in this area and what day, PM me and I'll see if we can meet up.
Sounds good, I'll let ya know when we're going down to DC!

Hit me up with your Maine to FL route I have a bunch of suggestions all along that journey.
Thanks man, PM'ed u

Sounds like a fun trip, but very busy with lots of driving. I see a lot of time on I95. Not the most scenic, or enjoyable. Shenandoah NP is a great drive, but slow speed limits and traffic. There are many caves in central VA, along I81. Charleston, SC is a great area. Farther north, Acadia NP/Bar Harbor is a beautiful area. Don't know if you are going that far. IMO, I'd skip Niagara Falls. It's a days drive back from Boston. Spend that time on the east coast.
Yeah acadia should be my last stop up north. Looking forward to the seafood and craft beers up there. Will probably skip the falls too, my buddy from India is coming and no canadian border hops are allowed!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I’m in Norfolk and have a shop full of tools if you have a need. I’ll second I81, and there’s a great BBQ joint near natural bridge. Detour up to VMI and drive through the Washington National Forest. Better roads than the Parkway and much less crowded. In Hampton VA tour Fort Monroe, and in VB see Fort Story. Beach Bully on 18th street has the best BBQ. Try the brisket. The best restaurants are off the strip on the north side of Rudee Inlet. Go down to Knotts Island and catch the (free) Ferry down to 168 and you can bridge and ferry your way down rte. 12 to Hatteras and on to Cedar Island and you’re almost to Myrtle Beach. Or take 168/158 to Kill Devil Hills and catch NC64 out to 95.
Bon voyage, bon chance.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Saw a polestar c30 driving to Massachusetts today. Tried waving and honking, but the guy looked to get more pissed the more I tried to get his attention so I let it go :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
My vote is keep the spacers. Looks really good. Your suspension is all XC90 so the downside of more wear-and-tear and more force on different components should be all but mitigated.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Did the 316mm front brake upgrade over the weekend. Thanks go out to @Antherzoll for the doner replacement spindle/hub/bearings which were already drilled to accommodate the larger bolts. Still in the process of bedding in but man, these feel solid! Also found out that one of my front wheel bearings was toast so it was great that I opted to take Antherzoll's off his hands.

6061 - 6080 of 11528 Posts