Registered
16,130 Posts
Found a sweet collapsible cargo net at the pick n pull

Gave her a bath

It's super grey here and the jewel tail lights really pop against the silver

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Found XC90 rear calipers, pads and rotors in excellent condition from the local picnsave so all set for the 316mm upgrade!
Also got the brackets for the front upgrade to 305mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,130 Posts
Found XC90 rear calipers, pads and rotors in excellent condition from the local picnsave so all set for the 316mm upgrade!
Also got the brackets for the front upgrade to 305mm.

Rear xc90 upgrade is 308mm

·
Registered
805 Posts
I spotted today giant brakes on XC 90 that I was thinking on transplanting on my XC 70. I’m assuming one needs to run 17” rims, minimum, for those to fit. My assumptions correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Looking tall! What size tires?

Those rear spring spacers should be fine with stock spring. I'd be concerned with overextending the shock if you were using lift springs. Hopefully there isn't an issue if you bottom out the rear end.

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk
Stock winter tires for now.

The spacers I dont like them, the one in the picture slipped off and I had to redo it. And something is still uneven I'm afraid they wont hold any weight.. I might just make a taller 1" homemade body spacer with longer bolts. doesnt actually need to be 1". I'd be happy with 0.9 if I can get it in there just to make it level with the front.

On a positive note the sachs struts feel great..

·
Registered
15,454 Posts
Wait what? You guys hit-up the same junkyard? That’s so cute!

Lol we do this all the time in New England, too. I think the current record is 4 or 5 SS members at the same JY simultaneously.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Stock winter tires for now.

The spacers I dont like them, the one in the picture slipped off and I had to redo it. And something is still uneven I'm afraid they wont hold any weight.. I might just make a taller 1" homemade body spacer with longer bolts. doesnt actually need to be 1". I'd be happy with 0.9 if I can get it in there just to make it level with the front.

On a positive note the sachs struts feel great..
Thanks for the update. And I very much agree that I'd feel safer with body spacers versus a spring spacer, still working on my 0.75" spacers.

By now with all the work you've done it probably would have been worthwhile to purchase the bad Swede lift springs.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
I spotted today giant brakes on XC 90 that I was thinking on transplanting on my XC 70. I’m assuming one needs to run 17” rims, minimum, for those to fit. My assumptions correct?

If they were the 336mm brakes then they require 17s

·
Registered
16,130 Posts

If they're 336mm yes, 316 clear 16s

·
Registered
16,130 Posts
Lol we do this all the time in New England, too. I think the current record is 4 or 5 SS members at the same JY simultaneously.
When we pulled the engine? That was 5 of us moose minded maniacs

·
Registered
15,454 Posts

·
Registered
16,130 Posts

·
Registered
16,130 Posts
Took it on a 500 mile road trip.

Road trip gods were not on my side today. Sat in 6!!!!!! god awful traffic jams. Worst was 91 south being totally closed through Springfield MA. Might have to take a day off from driving stick.

4741 - 4760 of 8504 Posts