SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
16561 - 16580 of 16586 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,784 Posts
Been driving my r around a little but since the rebuild and it drives awesome, but I'm half regretting going with an smf over the dual mass. It sounds like a cement mixer filled with rocks at idle which drives me nuts. However it shifts incredibly well and downshifting and driving in general with the smf is so much more enjoyable with how the engine revs so easily. Currently using Volvo MTF, anyone have any experience using severe gear to quiet it up a bit? Was thinking of using 75w110.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
My 05 has a SMF and Amsoil's Severe gear in it, if you wanna give a listen. It helped a bit, but once it warms up, it still makes noise, just ask Connor!

I just cleaned my garage out, and reorganized, I think I've got a couple quarts of SG, too.

·
Registered
259 Posts
My 05 has a SMF and Amsoil's Severe gear in it, if you wanna give a listen. It helped a bit, but once it warms up, it still makes noise, just ask Connor!

I just cleaned my garage out, and reorganized, I think I've got a couple quarts of SG, too.
Yeah I asked Connor, he also reccomend trying severe gear. I just ordered some 75w90 last night. I wouldn't mind having a listen to yours, very curious to see how different it is. I'm getting my manual swap coding done tonight, no idea if it will change how it idles or not.

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
Put some $3 china windshield fluid nozzles on. Not proud of my self, but they work, and all the ones from the junkyard have busted tabs.

Also, I need the stupid red courtesy lights on the edge of door cards, where's a good source for them? Somehow my kids keep kicking them out? I need to finish gluing all the door card too, I suppose.
First, get the heck out of the P2R thread, LOL!

Second, I bit the bullet and bought new nozzles from the dealership (with my high mileage discount) after I found the same thing.

Third, I can’t help you with the kids. (You should have put a raincoat on!) Also, I think they’re more a safety light than courtesy but WTF do I know.

If you PM me an address, I’ll mail you a few lights from my stash. Can’t have my future Laser looking shabby! 🤪

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
First, get the heck out of the P2R thread, LOL!

Second, I bit the bullet and bought new nozzles from the dealership (with my high mileage discount) after I found the same thing.

Third, I can’t help you with the kids. (You should have put a raincoat on!) If you PM me an address, I mail you a few from my stash. Can’t have my future Laser looking shabby!
Lolol. High mileage discount though?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Local dealership registers your mileage.

10% off parts/service when you pass 100k.
20% off after 200k, and so on.
That's pretty cool. How far does that go?! Only on one car?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17,607 Posts
What a novel and green idea! So much of our world is so disposable. I wish cars, houses, people got that deal!!
Nope - "Got a flat tire - time to get a new car."
Local dealership registers your mileage.

10% off parts/service when you pass 100k.
20% off after 200k, and so on.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
What a novel and green idea! So much of our world is so disposable. I wish cars, houses, people got that deal!!
Nope - "Got a flat tire - time to get a new car."
Time to part out.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts

·
Registered
17,159 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just changed our my Trans fluid for the Amsoil severe gear and...the difference is staggering. Before with the Volvo fluid it sounded like a cement mixer filled with rocks and now it sounds fairly normal, you can still tell it has an SMF but you have to know what your listing for. Crisis averted! It was annoying me so much that I was to the point of wanting to rip the trans out and put a dual mass back in, glad I didn't!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I might give it a shot. It’s a fairly easy service item.
It's nice having the fluid in a pouch, probably the least messy trans fluid change I've done to date.

16561 - 16580 of 16586 Posts