SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
16461 - 16480 of 16527 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Fixed my "rear axle noise" which my mechanic told my I am just imagining again (I tend to hear the smallest rattles 😅) before we had a look under the car.
Also lubed the sway-bar mounts and replaced my right front axle.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Wow how many miles and did you contact Eibach?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just moved and need an out of jurisdiction (province) inspection and the R decides to spring an exhaust leak. Got it fixed quick since I need new plates even though the TME and a downpipe was calling my name.

Stupid question, when I asked the exhaust guy (seemed competent) about a downpipe he recommended just replacing my stock cat with a high flow one instead of replacing the whole downpipe. He argued that it would be a 90% solution for a fraction of the cost and would give a discount to keep the old cat. I tried explaining to him that these downpipes are notorious for being narrow in the bends but he wasn’t buying it. What say the experts? As a guy that likes 90% solution this peaked my interest.

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Upgraded DP is a big opportunity for gains.

You want to scrap the cat yourself.

·
3,958 Posts
I've been offered 300 to scrap my cat from a reseller, just for context. I'd assume you probably could get at least 4-500 scrapping it with no middle man. Do yourself a favor and get either a Downpipe from Nick at Re-volv or Josh at Eight8 fab. They are both excellent, either choice you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
I'd have a Rolling Motors DP over either of those if you can manage to get your hands on one

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Cars aren't people. Don't call it "she."

#petpeeves

Decided to make my own "R" out of my Miata. Dropping it off on Tuesday for a cage, new race motor, clutch/fw, diff mounts, race seat, harness, exhaust, and brakes. It already has a header, adjustable shocks, and a FSB.
They/them, maybe? 😂

·
Registered
2006 477 V70R 108k Miles
74 Posts
I'd have a Rolling Motors DP over either of those if you can manage to get your hands on one
This^
Just moved and need an out of jurisdiction (province) inspection and the R decides to spring an exhaust leak. Got it fixed quick since I need new plates even though the TME and a downpipe was calling my name.

Stupid question, when I asked the exhaust guy (seemed competent) about a downpipe he recommended just replacing my stock cat with a high flow one instead of replacing the whole downpipe. He argued that it would be a 90% solution for a fraction of the cost and would give a discount to keep the old cat. I tried explaining to him that these downpipes are notorious for being narrow in the bends but he wasn’t buying it. What say the experts? As a guy that likes 90% solution this peaked my interest.

RollingMotors makes some excellent products that are very high quality. I've done quite a bit of business with them. I would give Ben a call and see what he would quote you for an entire downpipe. As Jared said, nothing but gains by replacing it. You could throw in a sport cat to keep the smell and part of the drone out if you wanted to.

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
They/them, maybe? 😂
I want to know why my pronoun can't be "it"
Seems like it would be a lot simpler if we just had one set of pronouns for everything 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
epic

·
Premium Member
2,802 Posts
Damn - I love me some new tires. It's like... the best.
Looks like you need an alignment BADLY. Look at the old inside fronts!
I'm amazed at the mandatory inspections that people in some countries/localities have to put up with - but this probably should been taken off the road.
Years ago, I wasn't paying attention and had a front tire that wore like this. I noticed it right AFTER a 400-mi. freeway trip. Why it didn't blow, I'll never know 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
652 Posts
Damn - I love me some new tires. It's like... the best.
Looks like you need an alignment BADLY. Look at the old inside fronts!
Ohh no doubt they were shot. They also had 2012 date codes :LOL: The R is only a play toy and it MIGHT get driven 500 miles a year, so I had been putting this off for a while.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Think I’ll be switching over to bilstein B6 in the front.

I thought I would do a quick spring seat replacement but ran into some problems. First thing was I couldn’t get the end link off. But found other issues too. The bump stop washer (metal holder thingy) looks like it has completely rusted/disintegrated and fused to the strut piston. What restricts the strut piston from rising through the strut tower anyway? Is it the strut piston shoulder (with the bump stop washer) onto the spring seat? Spring seat doesn’t look like it has a metal ring on it anymore either.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I finally had an interrupted time today so I replaced fee things that bothered me or a while.

Mice made a home

The hood strut was on the way out

I have old style XPEL film ( thick) on headlights since 2009 and wiper arms were rusty and sansblasted

I have a tendency to buy parts and sit on it until I have time. So today was the day lol

i

Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting Hood

The result:

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
16461 - 16480 of 16527 Posts