SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
16441 - 16460 of 16527 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Worked a deal out with a mechanic I used to work with, supplied the parts and got my car up and running, looking to source a new fender and rocker panel anyone have any leads? I figure I would check the JY next weekend and see what I can fetch.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Installed the wheel stud conversion and the freshly finished Pegs along with the new shoes. Also put my 5mm spacer back on. May as well use them since I have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
Bought my first VR yesterday! She needs some tlc but the body is in great shape and the miles are right. Car repair via parts saturation, is in order!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Bought my first VR yesterday! She needs some tlc but the body is in great shape and the miles are right. Car repair via parts saturation, is in order!

Welcome to the 07 VR club! Looks like you got a tasty example. You've got nav, add a swedesolutions backup cam to yr parts list :D pops up when you go in reverse, so freaking cool

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
Welcome to the 07 VR club! Looks like you got a tasty example. You've got nav, add a swedesolutions backup cam to yr parts list :D pops up when you go in reverse, so freaking cool

Definitely! Once the manual swap is done! I have the CAN module in my T5 and it's fantastic.

Reactions: tabormeister

·
Registered
17,024 Posts

Or delete the nav and add a full size center speaker :devilish:
my friend is about to do that in his 07 XC70 with nav

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

·
Registered
17,420 Posts
Constitution Avenue NW. We walked around the monuments with the dog and then ate outside. Such awesome weather last night!
Does your nav have the center (small) speaker? Wasn’t sure if all did. I didn’t think so.
I've considered it, I just really like the backup cam in the stock location. Better sound would be rad though...That place looks fancy

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Constitution Avenue NW. We walked around the monuments with the dog and then ate outside. Such awesome weather last night!
Does your nav have the center (small) speaker? Wasn’t sure if all did. I didn’t think so.
If you had premium audio + nav stock, you got the center speaker. Your car had it from factory, mine just had nav and base audio so I had to install the center speaker (so now I have it)

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Represented the Swedes today at KC Cars and coffee! Not the best pics, but it was a great time. The Sonic was a hit with the young crowd!

Lookin' good Fred!

·
Registered
125k 2007 Volvo V70R- SOLD, 1990 Volvo 760 Turbo
123 Posts
Represented the Swedes today at KC Cars and coffee! Not the best pics, but it was a great time. The Sonic was a hit with the young crowd!

man do I miss living in Lee’s Summit. Get a Z-Man sandwich for me!

Reactions: Fmfosnacht

·
Registered
17,024 Posts

You have projectors in ECE xenons?

I've considered it, I just really like the backup cam in the stock location. Better sound would be rad though...
Yeah I relate to the quest for as many features within the stock envelope as possible. But I think the better sound adds more value than a backup cam, especially in an estate. Much more debatable in a S60. I've backed into things in my S60 because there was just no way to see them except if I got out of the car. I'm going to add park assist to fix that.

·
Registered
2004 S60R & 2006 XC90 2.5T Real Volvos have 5 cylinders!!
296 Posts
Took it for a drive!

I'm embarrassed to admit my R sits more than it moves. That started to piss me off, so I took it for a bit of a road trip. 450 miles or so. I think my steering servo thing is out, it was kinda stiff.

26.3 avg mpg running 75-80, I was a running roadblock compared to most of the other traffic.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Yeah I relate to the quest for as many features within the stock envelope as possible. But I think the better sound adds more value than a backup cam, especially in an estate. Much more debatable in a S60. I've backed into things in my S60 because there was just no way to see them except if I got out of the car. I'm going to add park assist to fix that.
With the super bright backup lights I have in now it's night and day, I've backed down driveways in the dark that I wouldn't do in the daytime, and for parallel parking it's INCREDIBLE. Not for everyone, sure, but I like the popup screen, it's quirky and I still have a center speaker, just not the dedicated one with the extra tweeter

·
Registered
246 Posts
2nd Day of R ownership be like...No cracci BOIS! First I gave it an exterior detail as it was covered in caked up pollen. Shines up good!

Pulled the head to shim and be sure there wasn't any cracks, didn't want to chance it. Still trying to remove the broken spark plug from one of the previous owners. Never seen a radiator go bad like this one...it's not rectangular anymore, it's oval!

Thankfully I'm the first one to touch this motor (excluding the plugs), so none of the usual maintenance has been done, stage 0 is in full effect.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
2nd Day of R ownership be like...No cracci BOIS! First I gave it an exterior detail as it was covered in caked up pollen. Shines up good!

Pulled the head to shim and be sure there wasn't any cracks, didn't want to chance it. Still trying to remove the broken spark plug from one of the previous owners. Never seen a radiator go bad like this one...it's not rectangular anymore, it's oval!

Thankfully I'm the first one to touch this motor (excluding the plugs), so none of the usual maintenance has been done, stage 0 is in full effect.

Did you pick that up from Connor?

Reactions: jrach

·
Registered
246 Posts
Did you pick that up from Connor?
I did. Been bugging him to let me buy it basically since he got it LOL

Reactions: tabormeister

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I did. Been bugging him to let me buy it basically since he got it LOL

LOL congrats and good luck with manual swap.

Reactions: jrach
16441 - 16460 of 16527 Posts