SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
16421 - 16440 of 16527 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Got almost all the old plasti-dip off today. I replaced the HU this week as well (went with a Pioneer, still messing with getting the steering controls to work - meh) . Give it a little bit back in silver, and then the new color will go on.

Also, got a set of front subframe inserts ordered, and will get them put in when they get here.

Reactions: tabormeister

·
Registered
17,420 Posts
Pic? What new color?
Got almost all the old plasti-dip off today. I replaced the HU this week as well (went with a Pioneer, still messing with getting the steering controls to work - meh) . Give it a little bit back in silver, and then the new color will go on.

Also, got a set of front subframe inserts ordered, and will get them put in when they get here.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Cleaned and detailed the interior and exterior conditioned the leather, that was much needed after our beautiful heat wave, did mine and my wife's xc90 today and de-funked the vent systems idk why but I feel like I was living out a Sienfield episode when he got his car back from valet and it smelt like BO, like Jerry I thought about selling the car lmao syke!

·
Registered
2004 S60R & 2006 XC90 2.5T Real Volvos have 5 cylinders!!
296 Posts
Upgraded my '04 power steering to the '05+ parts. I used my oil evacuator to suck all of the old fluid out, and flush the system through with the new. It worked awesome!!

I put a funnel in the big hose going to the pump, and stuck the evacuator hose inside the small one. Pumped the handle a few times, and it pulled the fluid right through.

Edited to add: The old reservoir wasn't leaking at the seams. I had a small seep where the big hose clams on. It was a Pro Parts Sweden hose, and was swollen and starting to separate. I have no idea how old that hose was.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Replaced the broken damper arm from the heater core install and wanted to rip my hair out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
320 Posts
Well this weekend I was going to replace the control arms and ball joints exc.. but this morning on my way to work the ball joint decided it wanted to let go and also destroy my CV axle :( steering stopper is gone as well needless to say thankfully I have everything minus the CV axle will repaint and fix the little molding that was crushed when the tire bent in.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Hit a fricking deer on my way into work!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tonyc

·
Registered
3,571 Posts

That sucks. Hope you're okay.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Pic? What new color?
Hard to tell in the fading light, but it's now ORANGE!

Full disclosure: I have a run I have to fix by the fuel door. After I fix that, it's gonna get pearl on top with clear.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lolvos60R

·
Registered
1,396 Posts

Man, that sucks. Hope you are ok, and your car is too.

Reactions: tabormeister

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Hard to tell in the fading light, but it's now ORANGE!

Full disclosure: I have a run I have to fix by the fuel door. After I fix that, it's gonna get pearl on top with clear.

Went out in the dark... my crappy old phone doesn't do orange well apparently. But this is closer so you can see (caliper is red for comparison)

This is plasti-dip, btw. Man that stuff is fun!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Whoops posted then forgot to post a follow up. Wasn't going that fast, I'm good, got out of the car and deer was gone, only had some hair on my front left quarter....I couldn't find a dent? So that was very anti-climactic. Some blood on windshield but didn't seem like the poor guy got much more than a bloody lip.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
You’re a few logos away from the General Lee!
I may have owned a couple of Chargers in the past... (but never a 68-71)...

16421 - 16440 of 16527 Posts