SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

9141 - 9160 of 16019 Posts

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
??? Wind resistance increases with the square of the speed, so the only thing a 200 mph dyno will tell you is whether the caR is speed-limited in the software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The software is what I want to work on. We sure have the power to do more the car is just confused. The good thing of 1 1/2 miles of runway you get to learn a lot. Even though we managed 160 mph the scan gauge only read out to 158, which was the max speed we had with the basic speed limit delete. The is supposed to have I think a 180 mph as set in the software. So we need to figure out the problem. And outside of waiting for another Mojave and flying in a tuner this will be the best we can do

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Whats up Gab how you doing? also CKA there is this great restaurant called BK you should look it up :D
Thanks Gabriel and Solid, hope to see you guys this weekend, any other going ? Don't forget the RSI BBQ on Friday

Restaurants, loaded int the phone and the car packed. So much fun to put 13 gallons of west coast 91 octane into 5 gallons on 109 :(

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
The software is what I want to work on. We sure have the power to do more the car is just confused. The good thing of 1 1/2 miles of runway you get to learn a lot. Even though we managed 160 mph the scan gauge only read out to 158, which was the max speed we had with the basic speed limit delete. The is supposed to have I think a 180 mph as set in the software. So we need to figure out the problem. And outside of waiting for another Mojave and flying in a tuner this will be the best we can do
Yes, and do some calculations based on torque/power/gearing/CD to get some expected results for the salt flats!

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
You can calculate the drag coefficient acting on the car, if you know air temp, air density, etc, though it might take some fancy math to calculate the air mass acting on the surface areas of the car. It's all aerodynamics. Google it!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Installed my catback. So much better. Still almost too quiet, but happy that even the single-resonator sport ver. doesn't drone on the highway.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Took the R for a nice long 180 mile drive to pick up a bunch of documents. A/C and quiet wheel bearings make the R rather quiet. I can now hear some turbo/intake noise (finally).

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Installed my catback. So much better. Still almost too quiet, but happy that even the single-resonator sport ver. doesn't drone on the highway.

Is that the eurosport exhaust that was on sale?

·
Registered
705 Posts

·
6,436 Posts

You can order the Sound Pipe from EST which replaces the resnoator with a straight pipe. That's what I did and the sound is amazing

·
Registered
93 Posts
You can order the Sound Pipe from EST which replaces the resnoator with a straight pipe. That's what I did and the sound is amazing
The rear box resonator? The ver. I have doesn't have the front resonator, just the rear muffler.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
I ordered the res-delete cat back too, but I'm also upgrading to a catless 3" DP to go with it, so once mine is back together it will be a bit louder than that. You would be surprised what a good job a cat does to muffle out all those nice turbo and pulse noises.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah, strangely with the wagon, it's loudest at idle, with some sort of resonance happening in the cargo area. It stops immediately at 1100rpm. I bet you wouldn't even get that in the S.

The burbles and occasional pop are splendid. I suspect if I ditched the cat I would get the Quattro group B sound I'm looking for.

As-is

[video]https://video.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xaf1/v/t43.1792-2/11141884_10104247945824397_1786340367_n.mp4?efg=ey JxZSI6ImZiY2RuX3ZpZGVvX3JhdGVsaW1pdF9yb2xsb3V0Mix2 X3JvbGxvdXQiLCJybHIiOjE1MDAsInJsYSI6MTAyNH0%3D&rl=1500&vabr=353&oh=e14c325e7fc7dab7b54af95f31b632cc&oe=5554E792[/video]

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
Thanks for the vid Enzo, that sounds and looks great. Can't wait to get my car back together to hear what it will sound like. So glad I live in a no-smog-inspection zone so I can go all the way with the R.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
171 MPH tested Finally

Got the car to 171MPH, on the Dyno to finally know get this top end worked out. The scan gauge will still only read 158 mph from the OBDII. Tomorrow a good detailing and some pretty parts go on. Then we say good bay to her for a while :(

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
You aren't going to show her at the IPD Garage Sale?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Listed it for sale :thumbup:

9141 - 9160 of 16019 Posts