SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

11961 - 11980 of 11988 Posts

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I’ve had these bushings sitting on a shelf for a longggg time because I wanted to replace my subframe bushings, steering rack and some other stuff all in 1 process.

I want to replace my headliner, it’s starting to sag ever so slightly on the sunroof panel.
Best way to do it!

It was a pain, but I'm glad it's done. Just gotta do some fine adjustments with the sunroof trim, it doesn't quite clip on. Of course it broke into a trillion pieces upon removal. I just fixed the front map lights since that metal trim piece that holds is all in was a little bendy from reinstalling it. Now to move on to the right rear oh sh*t handle... which I managed to break the stud holder plate on because I forgot to put the cargo net hook in place...
I might redo the sunroof shade at some point. That's easy at least, just need to pull the glass to get that out. And there's only one spot that needs to be cut out versus several on the headliner.

Anyway, looks much better now!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
My son said his car was shaking pretty bad upon acceleration. I checked and his inner drivers side boot is torn and all the grease shot out. He has a new Advance Auto axle on the passenger side (these are near impossible to find OEM). Took the drivers side apart to rebuild. At this point I cannot see why the inner joint would cause the vibration since the play inside isn’t bad. Could a small amount of play cause vibration? It’s maybe a millimeter of play. I could pull an axle from the yard if this doesn’t work. Am pullng the passenger side and will check it (I already have to pull it because the seal is leaking). His tie rod ends are new and when I rebuilt the rack and pinion the inner tie rod ends were fine. His wheel bearings seem fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Best way to do it!

It was a pain, but I'm glad it's done. Just gotta do some fine adjustments with the sunroof trim, it doesn't quite clip on. Of course it broke into a trillion pieces upon removal. I just fixed the front map lights since that metal trim piece that holds is all in was a little bendy from reinstalling it. Now to move on to the right rear oh sh*t handle... which I managed to break the stud holder plate on because I forgot to put the cargo net hook in place...
I might redo the sunroof shade at some point. That's easy at least, just need to pull the glass to get that out. And there's only one spot that needs to be cut out versus several on the headliner.

Anyway, looks much better now!
View attachment 122601
Looks very nice. I think if mine started sagging, i'd be tempted to inject some adhesive with a syringe, and press the existing headliner in place :p

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Used OEM axles are worth their weight in gold for a reason! Especially M56 axles.
Looks very nice. I think if mine started sagging, i'd be tempted to inject some adhesive with a syringe, and press the existing headliner in place :p
That would be my first choice! I was going to shove some more push pins in there, but I didn't want any more pin holes in the backing board.
It's pretty funny, the pins that were in there were twisted in a spiral, like they were designed for securing a sagging headliner. They were actually a little tricky to remove without damage.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I spy two bolt control arms. That’ll be a nice livability upgrade.
Good eye - looking forward to the 2 bolt arms. The M66 makes the drivers side 4 bolt arm a particular pain to replace so life will be much easier

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Nice! Canistos look great on these cars.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
We found the problem

Not 100% on what happened but power fried itself shut. We’ll see if it happens again. I put a dw300c in there as the pump/maf was failing about a year ago. Not sure if that fried it or if the trunk was leaking.
Fixed as of now though. Now to replace the trans fluid !

Reactions: ZZZZZZZ

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Definitely keep an eye on that. Looks like the pump may be pulling too much current for that connector to handle.

Reactions: zmarshm1

·
Registered
45 Posts
Played around with my new FLIR One imager a bit

Engine bay in general:

Turbo + downpipe:

These were taken after the car had been sitting for 10-15 minutes once I got home
Try looking at the temperature of the catalytic converter at booth ends, I believe the upstream should be hotter than down stream. If the same temp throughout converter, it might on its way out.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Fitted the Brembos on the front.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Any more pcs??
These won’t be done until next week because we were not aware the brackets are for the 345mm xc90 rotor. Had to order those ($320 for slotted/drilled Stoptechs) and will probably keep the R rotors for when I need new rotors on my T5 (I already have R Brembos fitted). It never end$. Here’s a pic of some Midirs we will probably use.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Those should look nice!

Aren’t the 345s P1 brakes? The biggest XC90 brakes were 336 IIRC.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Those should look nice!

Aren’t the 345s P1 brakes? The biggest XC90 brakes were 336 IIRC.
Thanks! No, they were also used on the 2016-18 T8 Inscription - from what I’m told. You mean the 366, correct?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Well, they only got a quart of oil out of the trans. And it was “silvery”
I drove it for 5 min or so and it only seems to be grinding 2nd when you go from first now... and downshifting was my main issue. We’ll see how long it lasts but , I’m on the lookout for an m56

·
Registered
16,464 Posts
Well, they only got a quart of oil out of the trans. And it was “silvery”
I drove it for 5 min or so and it only seems to be grinding 2nd when you go from first now... and downshifting was my main issue. We’ll see how long it lasts but , I’m on the lookout for an m56

I'll hopefully have the M56H from my dad's NA soon unless I use it to unload a whole swap kit.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Thanks! No, they were also used on the 2016-18 T8 Inscription - from what I’m told. You mean the 366, correct?

Ah, that’s why. I steer clear of the SPA cars lol. I’m referring to the P2 XC90, the biggest option was 336mm. That’s what’s on my mom’s 07 Sport.
I may be wrong about the P1 brakes, I think largest option of those was 320.

·
Registered
649 Posts
These won’t be done until next week because we were not aware the brackets are for the 345mm xc90 rotor. Had to order those ($320 for slotted/drilled Stoptechs) and will probably keep the R rotors for when I need new rotors on my T5 (I already have R Brembos fitted). It never end$. Here’s a pic of some Midirs we will probably use.

They look nice. Im still waiting to install my BBKs on my car.

11961 - 11980 of 11988 Posts