SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

11681 - 11700 of 11811 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Does your new dipstick have a red handle or an orange one? Volvo changed over from the original orange handle single-oring design, to the red handle which has 2 orings. Your new dipstick is likely the newer style which will require a new dipstick tube to go along with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Does your new dipstick have a red handle or an orange one? Volvo changed over from the original orange handle single-oring design, to the red handle which has 2 orings. Your new dipstick is likely the newer style which will require a new dipstick tube to go along with it

Ah ok. I see the one on fcp with a flanged inlet. I’ll upgrade it at some point.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Testing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
200 Posts
miles....

·
Registered
200 Posts
yeah well the behind the scenes production for that pic was ridiculous obsession...got into the wagon after a 19hr drive back from Dallas..tired AF !! started it up and remembered the mileage was coming up for the pic...i usually forget..and it was at 217711 sooo now way i was going to do another shaky old ass Iphone 6+ driving down the hiway home pic... so i drove around the parking lot area till 2 showed up...stopped the car and took a nice shot....pathetic...

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Shout out to bmdubya for changing out the pcv, power steering reservoir and installing Snabb RIP Kit & Fresh Air Pipe on the V70R.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Nice, looks very clean !

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
Nice, looks very clean !

Thanks, I can’t take the credit... only owned it for a few months. Not a single ‘P80’ interior rattle either.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Thanks, I can’t take the credit... only owned it for a few months. Not a single ‘P80’ interior rattle either.
Mine are almost all sorted, I just have to either get someone to tackle putting in the mint lower dash I have.. or try it myself

·
Registered
15,964 Posts
Dash is super easy; I've done it by myself but it is easier if you have a friend to help get it in and out. Steering wheel and 10 or so bolts and out it comes.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Dash is super easy; I've done it by myself but it is easier if you have a friend to help get it in and out. Steering wheel and 10 or so bolts and out it comes.
Hmm, got a Mint wheel from Will too, maybe one warm day when I have my wagon as a backup I’ll try em both

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Shout out to bmdubya for changing out the pcv, power steering reservoir and installing Snabb RIP Kit & Fresh Air Pipe on the V70R.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Looking good! That car was a great find. SO clean inside and out!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Bois? Like wood....? Meaty in termite speak?

Haha not quite French, pronounce it the same as “boys”.

Also, first impressions going from a dedicated summer tire to a new winter tire - holy roly poly oly handling Batman! Makes the handling much more boat-like, and steering feel is very numb. I guess that’s be expected when you go from huge tread blocks and contact patch and a low profile, to very soft winter rubber and siping. They’re nice and quiet and smooth so far though.

·
Registered
15,789 Posts
Yeah - driving style has to quickly adjust.
That's quite a quick change with a trunk jack!

Also, first impressions going from a dedicated summer tire to a new winter tire - holy roly poly oly handling Batman! Makes the handling much more boat-like, and steering feel is very numb. I guess that’s be expected when you go from huge tread blocks and contact patch and a low profile, to very soft winter rubber and siping. They’re nice and quiet and smooth so far though.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts

Yeah, I just started a thread because of this very issue. I will be shipping my car to my home in France within the year and will need a cool/wet weather performance UHP tire. I want to maintain the handling as best I can. No sub zero temps, no snow, but cool and wet, 40-55 Fahrenheit(5-13C). As I have currently got the ContiExtremeContact Sport Plus I am currently happy with its dry warm weather performance even though on the edge and total hook up would need a drag radial. The car has never seen winters or snow and cold wet weather is pretty much what winter is in the Dordogne.

·
Registered
15,964 Posts
Helped a friend buy a 2000 (!!!!!!) V70 GLT. I've tried 4 times to find one and gave up every time.....my white 850R and every sedan I've ever bought was a result of failing to find one of these. You know it's rare when a white 850R estate, a CY sedan, and a 07 S60 T5M are 3/4 of the cars I end up with when I give up on looking for something........

11681 - 11700 of 11811 Posts