SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

11661 - 11680 of 11804 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Dragged my old '98 GLT home from Copart! Ended up winning the auction on Monday after the owner after me wrecked the car back in August. This will be a parts car at this point, I don't think it's worth fixing it.
Hooked up the jump pack when I got home and it started right up. Runs great still! Drove it off the dolly and into the garage. Not a single warning light on, but the battery is so dead, as soon as I turn the key off, it loses all power.

Sad to see it now compared to how it was, early last year when I took this picture, but I can't keep this many cars. I have 7 now... plus the other 4 on the driveway that are my parents' and brother's cars.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Some wood work

Got cable for my changer. It's for P2 lol

Let's do some hacks

And party goes on

In other news, mounted winter wheels. Waiting for snow.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I really need to get a 6 disk changer in my car. I have a connector for it behind my radio, but I'm not sure about the trunk. I have to check.

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Did some driving around. Doing a little datalogging tonight.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
BBS RS-R GTs? Super slick on a P80.

·
Super Moderator
8,569 Posts
Is it an optical illusion or are you pretty cambered in the back?

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Is it an optical illusion or are you pretty cambered in the back?
Looks like angle, rest of the body is about the same. Favtory should be -1 degree approx in the rear, but some delta links can get bent it’s been I severed albeit rarely

·
Registered
279 Posts
It's the angle of the picture. Although that camber does look pretty cool albeit not functional.

·
Registered
15,926 Posts
I really need to get a 6 disk changer in my car. I have a connector for it behind my radio, but I'm not sure about the trunk. I have to check.
If you have it there, you have it in the cargo area. It's a continuous wire.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Did some driving around. Doing a little datalogging tonight.

Dude those wheels look even better on the car than in the pictures you posted after you bought them.

Congrats on getting it driving again!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Dude those wheels look even better on the car than in the pictures you posted after you bought them.

Congrats on getting it driving again!
Thanks. I agree. So much better installed. I've always wanted this particular look and the right deal came up for these and I pulled the trigger. I decided a while back that I would have this car for another 10 years so putting that amount of money in the car was easier to make sense of.

This thing is a beast. Totally refreshed engine and every supporting bolt on you could think of.

I could easily slap a larger frame turbo on and make high 300s as long as the bottom end held out. But I drive like a grandpa and am not a power junkie.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
If you have it there, you have it in the cargo area. It's a continuous wire.
I probably just haven't bothered looking, I gotta pull up that panel on the side there. It runs along the left side harness, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Dragged my old '98 GLT home from Copart! Ended up winning the auction on Monday after the owner after me wrecked the car back in August. This will be a parts car at this point, I don't think it's worth fixing it.
Hooked up the jump pack when I got home and it started right up. Runs great still! Drove it off the dolly and into the garage. Not a single warning light on, but the battery is so dead, as soon as I turn the key off, it loses all power.

View attachment 70777
View attachment 70779

Sad to see it now compared to how it was, early last year when I took this picture, but I can't keep this many cars. I have 7 now... plus the other 4 on the driveway that are my parents' and brother's cars.

View attachment 70781
your attachments/pics won't open ?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
your attachments/pics won't open ?
Dammit... I don't know why they've been doing that. I'll throw em on Imgur.

Updated!

·
Registered
15,926 Posts
Dammit... I don't know why they've been doing that. I'll throw em on Imgur.

Updated!
you have to "go advanced" when you post images and host them here

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
you have to "go advanced" when you post images and host them here
I did, I don't know why they don't always show up. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Forgot to ask this a few days ago. I ordered a new dipstick for my 1998 s70 (on ebay, mind you) as there are no O-rings on it since I've gotten it, checked the other day and the top plastic bit is too thick for the tube.
Anyway, the engine bay was cleaned thoroughly a few weeks ago, but there's a bit of wet oil on the intake manifold, none on the sparkplug cover... pcv was just a few months back. Thinking the dipstick is letting oil out somehow. What O-rings are the right ones for the 98 dipstick, or where can I get the right one?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Forgot to ask this a few days ago. I ordered a new dipstick for my 1998 s70 (on ebay, mind you) as there are no O-rings on it since I've gotten it, checked the other day and the top plastic bit is too thick for the tube.
Anyway, the engine bay was cleaned thoroughly a few weeks ago, but there's a bit of wet oil on the intake manifold, none on the sparkplug cover... pcv was just a few months back. Thinking the dipstick is letting oil out somehow. What O-rings are the right ones for the 98 dipstick, or where can I get the right one?
That can cause some oil spray. Had that happen when I accidentally left the dipstick slightly out on my 940... oops. That car had a crazy amount of blow by though.

This should be the o ring you need https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/volvo-oil-dipstick-o-ring-lower-947114

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
11661 - 11680 of 11804 Posts