SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

6681 - 6700 of 11806 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
$20 bucks at the pick and pull up here probably. Want a set? I have the oem installation instructions filed away somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah if you can find then that cheap, I would be interested.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
Local yard is suggest your own pricing, I'll check Henry's master price list too for comparison

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Still getting used to it being FWD after having to pull the prop-shaft in the middle of a 1300mile trip.

Def quicker. But damn, the torque steer is real! Seriously have to be aware of it.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Still getting used to it being FWD after having to pull the prop-shaft in the middle of a 1300mile trip.

Def quicker. But damn, the torque steer is real! Seriously have to be aware of it.
FWD sucks so bad - torque steer is obnoxious and once temps dipped below 70 I couldn't go WOT in 1st or 2nd (sometimes 3rd) without wheelspin. I've had my prop shaft out for close to a year and I can't wait to get a new one so AWD works again.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
All these meteors make me want to put comets on my wagon for the summer..powder coated anthracite would look nice.
A friend has a really clean set of 4 17x7.5 Comets that are PC'd gold he's looking to sell for around $400. No tires.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
A friend has a really clean set of 4 17x7.5 Comets that are PC'd gold he's looking to sell for around $400. No tires.
If you can send some pictures I might be interested if Sonic isn't.

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
I might be interested. Can you get some pics? Where are they RI?

Blue and gold would look cool.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
Anyone have a case for doing silicone radiator hoses while I'm changing out my newly leaking radiator and installing the new intercooler? Probably doing a new overflow tank too

·
Registered
319 Posts
Anyone have a case for doing silicone radiator hoses while I'm changing out my newly leaking radiator and installing the new intercooler? Probably doing a new overflow tank too

You have half the hose clamps undone already and half the hoses removed!

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
They don't swell. They cost the same as stock. They look good. It's simple. Do it!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Not to mention the coolant already drained.

On a serious note, how's your turbo inlet coolant line?

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
Not to mention the coolant already drained.

On a serious note, how's your turbo inlet coolant line?
Brand new. Not silicon. The short one that bridges hard lines closer to the passenger side?

·
Registered
319 Posts
No--the short L shaped hose right next to the turbo. Can only be seen from underneath. If that hasn't been changed yet, I promise you, it's due!

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
No--the short L shaped hose right next to the turbo. Can only be seen from underneath. If that hasn't been changed yet, I promise you, it's due!
Hmmm. I just replaced the turbo. European would have said something if it wasnt in the best of shape. All my hoses are/were in great shape. Car was maintained by volvo except for 9 months before I bought it.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I agree with jalwlb. At least put an eyeball on it and confirm.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
Will do. Going to use a lift to do the intercooler/radiator soon and that will make it easy to poke around and look under the turbo

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Man I wish I had access to a lift. I finally have a working jack again and a new creeper. Lying underneath the car only to realize you need to get up to get a different tool is exhausting after a while.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
I have never had access to a lift but it was offered and i will call in that favor this time since its a hassle of a job made easier by being inside when its 8 degrees outside next week

6681 - 6700 of 11806 Posts