SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
541 - 560 of 597 Posts

·
Registered
98 S70 Base, 06 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 08 C70 M66, 11 XC90 V8, 13 C70 P*
951 Posts
I agree. I think that's how a previous owner broke my trunk divider. To much pressure on the small points holding it up.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
I was wondering how that may have happened! Makes complete sense now. How’s the replacement doing?

·
Registered
662 Posts
I was wondering how that may have happened! Makes complete sense now. How’s the replacement doing?
It's doing great. Thanks to you!

I always assumed the previous owner put too much weight on it, or put the top done with something there.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Strangely the divider seems completely unharmed… guess the pressure must have been evenly distributed over it by the deflector frame… the deflector snapped cleanly at the joints near the bottom of the legs of the fold up part… no way to fix that I would trust not to break again in the wind creating a distracting or dangerous situation - have a ”cheap” third-party deflector that doesn’t fold up that will have to do for now until a genuine one pops up on the auction site at the right price

Reactions: coachrick

·
Registered
2007 S40 2.4i AW55-50 / 2007 C70 T5 AW55-50
687 Posts
I always assumed the previous owner put too much weight on it, or put the top done with something there.

There was several times that I opened the trunk of the car (I have the divider always down in case I want to lower the roof) and somebody asks me if they can put the stuff on top of the divider. Despite it has a sticker that clearly tells you to not put anything on top of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
158 Posts
I imagine that I’d check out the Infiniti Q60 or G37 if ever the C70 becomes unmanageable. I still haven’t seen anything that beats the C70’s style though.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

·
Registered
951 Posts
It's doing great.
Glad to hear. I was worried I may have torqued it a bit during the drive out.

Heading your way again in a little over a month, but this time SWMBO said “We aren’t dropping off Volvo parts across the Midwest this time, right? RIGHT?” LOL. I don’t think she minded the linkups so much as the hours I’d otherwise spend in the next few weeks visiting junkyards. There’s already plenty of P1 stuff in the garage if anyone needs something!

Reactions: RapidRabbit

·
Registered
662 Posts
Glad to hear. I was worried I may have torqued it a bit during the drive out.

Heading your way again in a little over a month, but this time SWMBO said “We aren’t dropping off Volvo parts across the Midwest this time, right? RIGHT?” LOL. I don’t think she minded the linkups so much as the hours I’d otherwise spend in the next few weeks visiting junkyards. There’s already plenty of P1 stuff in the garage if anyone needs something!
Well, I could use some wheels.......

·
Registered
951 Posts
Well, I could use some wheels.......

You can’t have the Midirs, they’re staying on the ‘13.

I do have a full spare set of Mirzams, but I know you don’t want those - lots of curb rash on them anyway.

Reactions: RapidRabbit

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Never left anything on top of the divider myself, but with it down those “cubbies” either side of it are dangerously inviting

·
Registered
662 Posts
I imagine that I’d check out the Infiniti Q60 or G37 if ever the C70 becomes unmanageable. I still haven’t seen anything that beats the C70’s style though.

Does anyone have any experience with them?

I had that on my list. I owned a first gen G35 sedan and loved it, except for the sedan part.

The convertible G37 has no trunk space, a smaller backseat and they really botched the coupe look in my opinion. It looks stubby and fat a$$ed.

Nothing compares to the Volvo.

·
Registered
951 Posts
No, you’d just regret having them over time. I’m doing you a favor. Every time you look at them you’d think “Man, I should have held out for Inscription Midirs - this gray clashes with the white.” Listen to Coach.

Plus, I had to have one repaired, remember? Good as new and you can’t see the weld since it’s on the inside, but you don’t want anything other than perfection on yours.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I had that on my list. I owned a first gen G35 sedan and loved it, except for the sedan part.

The convertible G37 has no trunk space, a smaller backseat and they really botched the coupe look in my opinion. It looks stubby and fat a$$ed.

Nothing compares to the Volvo.

MIGHT consider the Lexus IS drop top; but they are pretty proud of those '15s out there.

·
Registered
2017 XC90 | T6 Momentum+; p*, Crystal White Metallic/Amber, invisihitch, &more.
53 Posts
Took the C70 out to lunch before work and parked next to a 4 series coupe.

Ive been considering selling the Volvo and am trying to find a suitable replacement. I did briefly consider the 4 series convertible, but I still like the lines of the Volvo better.

What do y'all think?

I’d be interested in your C70

·
Registered
662 Posts
You probably don't want mine.

It's automatic, has one slightly bent wheel and the front bumper could stand to be replaced. Plus 127,000 miles.

There a gorgeous black one on BAT ending today.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Parents took the C70 for paint correction on Monday (my Mothers/Father’s Day gift). It sounds like it came out really well, so I’m looking forward to seeing it without the “hologram” and the swirls.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I ripped out the Volvotech backup and front camera on my C70. Damn thing kept draining my battery during COVID. Sucks to have a basically useless screen in the center dash but what can you do. I wish there was a way to hook up Apple Carplay but if its a powerdrain like the Volvotech camera thats not an option. The car badly needs a paint job but half the parts are buried somewhere in storage while we wait for our house to finish getting built. Project for next year...

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yesterday, I replaced the condenser on mine. Was getting poor A/C while stopped and it got worse when moving. Recharged the system with no improvement, then started looking into it more and realized that the upper 1/3 of the condenser was all blocked due to bent over fins, the lower 1/3 that sits behind the CAC was blocked from dust between the two, and the middle was fine, but while moving it doesn't see airflow because of the bumper... End result is the fan got some action going while stopped, but once moving there was practically no flow through the condenser. Honestly not sure how I wasn't overheating the engine with it like that.

I love my C70, especially with the top down, but when the temps hit triple digits and the humidity is high, the A/C is just better.

2009 C70 year round daily

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Yesterday, I replaced the condenser on mine. Was getting poor A/C while stopped and it got worse when moving. Recharged the system with no improvement, then started looking into it more and realized that the upper 1/3 of the condenser was all blocked due to bent over fins, the lower 1/3 that sits behind the CAC was blocked from dust between the two, and the middle was fine, but while moving it doesn't see airflow because of the bumper... End result is the fan got some action going while stopped, but once moving there was practically no flow through the condenser. Honestly not sure how I wasn't overheating the engine with it like that.

I love my C70, especially with the top down, but when the temps hit triple digits and the humidity is high, the A/C is just better.

2009 C70 year round daily
Mine is already struggling in the central Texas heat/humidity and it's not even summer!!!
Gonna have it checked when I go in for an oil change in the next week or so. Hoping it's something easy/simple/cheap.

541 - 560 of 597 Posts