SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

481 - 500 of 525 Posts

·
Registered
2007 S40 2.4i AW55-50 / 2007 C70 T5 AW55-50
456 Posts
You said what the spacer does; but not WHY. Why for did you install the spacer???
I’m planning to get a tune. Still deciding between stage 1 or 2. So I started to add supporting mods.
But before getting the tune, I have to pull the cylinder head again to add shims between the cylinders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
That's WAY above my pay grade!!! Have fun and good luck!!!

·
Registered
628 Posts
My battery finally gave up this week. It's been going dead daily and I had to jump start the car several times last week.

With the cold wisconsin weather moving in it just time. She starts up great now.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
462 Posts
Got my winter tires on today. On an unrelated note, but you guys may be interested: I have this parked in my driveway for a little bit...

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
628 Posts
Were going to need more details on that.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Were going to need more details on that.

It's a 2021 Polestar 2 press car that I have for a few days...

Absolutely love it!

·
Registered
628 Posts
I think you need to road trip it to Wisconsin.

You know, to test the range....

·
Registered
462 Posts
I think you need to road trip it to Wisconsin.

You know, to test the range....

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
It's 70s and sunny all week in central Texas....Come on down!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
A few days ago I posted about the ECU spacer I installed on my car. But after that the ECU cover wouldn’t fit anymore.

And despite of having driven it for a few days without any problems. I honestly still didn’t like the idea of ditching the cover.

So, I had to do something about it.
I went to the junkyard and picked up another ECU cover. And using this “new to me” cover and a spare that I already had, I made a custom ECU cover.

I know the plastic welds don’t look good, I still have to sand it down to remove the excess material to make it look a little bit better. But for now it seems it will do the work.

Tomorrow will be the first drive with it. I hope the welds hold up with the engine vibration.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Painted the front grill matt black. Never been a fan of chrome details

·
Registered
456 Posts

Wow, it makes it look meaner! Not bad!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
I finally installed the Snabb turbo intake pipe I received last week.

The pipe is 3 inch end to end, the silicone hose at the turbo does the reduction. This eliminated the intake resonator, at low speeds I can hear the turbo a little bit more.

This combined with the ECU spacer made the throttle more responsive. Installation was fairly easy. I had to trim a little bit the aluminum that holds the pipe to the engine.

And it fits with the OEM strut bar.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Got a text from my daughter with a picture of a the DIM with a headlight bulb failure warning... ordered a pair of Sylvania XtraVision H11s from Advance auto for in store pickup, swapped them out tonight and was a little surprised to find both existing bulbs blown... was our coldest night in a long time and the car was outside, and the bulbs were a couple of years old, so guessing thermal shock took one out and caused enough of a surge that it took the other one with it... seems fine now with two new bulbs so I’ll stop being concerned about it.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts

Paint-paint??? I wonder if PlastiCoat would work on mine...cracked on the "rim" area.
Did you remove it to paint? Looks good but not sure how black would match on our Caspian Blue.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
135,000 mile service Thursday. The engine mount failed so that got fixed too. Supposedly the radiator hose is cracked. Looking into silicone replacement.

Getting new tyres today. Goodyear F1
I've replaced a couple of mounts @ 75K miles...lower rad hose as well. I think that's the one that can lead to catastrophic failure.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Paint-paint??? I wonder if PlastiCoat would work on mine...cracked on the "rim" area.
Did you remove it to paint? Looks good but not sure how black would match on our Caspian Blue.
why don't you try plasti-dip??, if you don't like how it looks you can always peel it off

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yep, paint. Yes i did remove the grill.
Im not sure if it will look good on blue, might be 50/50

481 - 500 of 525 Posts