SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

381 - 400 of 525 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
yeah i think i paid $650 for that darn lower radiator hose alone. i should've just had them preventatively replace it when i had it in for the belts, cam seals and engine mounts like you did. coolant resevoir i did myself to save a few $

For those keeping score, I skipped the tranny flush and fill, hoping to NOT break the bank. Put a pretty good dent in it with:
Right inner CV boot...Right and left engine mounts...coolant reservoir...and lower radiator hose...all replaced to the tune of $1200 and change.
Dang...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wanted to say that she is screaming for spacers. Do you got lowering springs or stock?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I would recommend to put on lowering springs and after that check how much space you got there to put on spacers.
I got lowering springs on and i could put max 12mm spacers in the rear and 15mm spacers in front, and hope for no rubbing. (thats on the to do list)

·
Registered
628 Posts
I replaced my passenger axle and outer tie rods today.

The boot was pretty trashed.

When I pulled the outer tie rods, I realized the inner tie rods are super loose, so I guess I need to order those too now.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Dang, if it's not one thing, it's a dozen!!! I'll go for the tranny fluid swap next week and hope this is "it" for a while ;)

·
Registered
2007 S40 2.4i AW55-50 / 2007 C70 T5 AW55-50
456 Posts
So, I have this spare complete intake manifold I got for free from the guy who sold me a complete T5 cylinder head. Of that head, I took valves, some tappets and the CVVT hubs to rebuild the original head of my C70.

A few days ago, I saw the Elevate T5 polished lower intake manifold online and with nothing to lose, decided to try to improve my spare manifold using a dremel and a few 60-grit sanding drums to smooth the casting defects. I know it won’t be the same as the Elevate. But i bet it will be better than stock for sure.

This is where I’m at now:

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #390 ·
Port and polish is definitely an improvement. That looks like a fun project and can’t wait to hear how it turns out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
628 Posts
Replaced my inner tie rods now and got an alignment.

They were supposed to replace my tires, but ordered the wrong size. Ugh.

Now I need to tackle the rear tire wear issues. I rotated the backs up front and sounded and felt like I was driving a mudding truck. Major uneven wear.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Being that my car came from a state without front plate requirements, it lacked the holes in the front bumper and the plate bracket that goes along with it.

I really wasn't looking forward to drilling holes in my bumper, but then I found these folks: https://www.cravenspeed.com/

They make the Platypus plate mount.

It connects to the car via the existing bumper port where you would connect a towing and recovery eyelet.

·
Registered
647 Posts
My annual lube job

As Dr. Ruth always said: "lubrication, lubrication, lubrication"
and some moisturizing with gummi pflege as well

·
Registered
456 Posts
I did the same thing yesterday, and also applied wd40 lithium grease to the roof hinges and locks.

And today I took the car to Firestone for a wheel alignment. And it seems like I will have to buy rear adjustable upper control arms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
628 Posts
I got 2 new tires up front.

now that everything is freshened up I can hear the roaring of a bad wheel bearing. I was hoping it was the uneven tire wear from the bad axle and worn out tie rods. No such luck.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
i have a 2008 and am waiting to replace wheel bearings... i've done pretty much every other common P1 maintenance issue except the wheel bearings (@110k miles)

I got 2 new tires up front.

now that everything is freshened up I can hear the roaring of a bad wheel bearing. I was hoping it was the uneven tire wear from the bad axle and worn out tie rods. No such luck.

·
Registered
628 Posts
i have a 2008 and am waiting to replace wheel bearings... i've done pretty much every other common P1 maintenance issue except the wheel bearings (@110k miles)
I just turned 120,000 miles.

The problem I'm having is I can't find the right bearing removal tool for the c70. Might have to pay a shop to install it for me. I can only see to find the 82mm tool, not the 78mm.

Damn press in bearings.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I just turned 120,000 miles.

The problem I'm having is I can't find the right bearing removal tool for the c70. Might have to pay a shop to install it for me. I can only see to find the 82mm tool, not the 78mm.

Damn press in bearings.

The correct tool is right here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Laser-5568-GEN2-Wheel-Bearing/dp/B00FFW72C2 but it costs ~$390 USD.
If you take it to a "regular" shop to have replaced. they will most likely will do it the wrong way.
In the S40/V50 section, there's this Front bearing replacement write-up where the OP offers this tool for "rent/loan"

·
Registered
628 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Yeah, the tool itself is way too expensive for a one time use (unless you plan to keep the car for a long time).

whoever is responsible of this wheel bearing design, made sure to get the worst design possible.

381 - 400 of 525 Posts