SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
401 - 420 of 960 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
OEM Eye Glass Holder

I had a $10 OFF $50 coupon from Paypal so I used it to purchase an OEM Eye Glass Holder for my XC90. The factory option costs $70 USD and eBay cost me $47 USD. I had to pad $3 to make it $50 so I purchased an one-yr Spotify Premium account for $5 to use with Sensus. A win/win situation for me.

So after two 8mm hex screws and 3 minutes later, my driver's side grab handle went from this:

to this

You have probably noticed that the before pic is a little different and, you're right, I forgot to take a pic of the driver's side grab handle before I installed the eye glass holder so I had to take one from the passenger's side instead. :)

An easy addition that frees my door pocket for other junks lol

·
Registered
821 Posts
An easy addition that frees my door pocket for other junks lol
It sounds like you got a good deal. I really like sunglasses holder because it make an otherwise unused space into something useful.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Speaking of useless things, I added another useless modification to the XC90 this weekend: customized LED courtesy lights under the front doors.

They were a plug-and-play switch with the stock door puddle lights. I put them on the front doors for now. I don't know if I want to add them to the rear doors, too.

The first two attached pictures compare the stock puddle light with the aftermarket ones. The 3rd picture shows the connector and the final pictures show the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Speaking of useless things, I added another useless modification to the XC90 this weekend: customized LED courtesy lights under the front doors.
Interesting; I assumed that those aftermarket courtesy lights had a generic shape and doesn't occupy the same exact space as the OE. It doesn't appear to be perfectly identical either, but that looks like you don't need to enlarge any holes nor fabricate new connectors. Nice. And it looks like there is a location there where you could potentially replace the image with something else if you want.

·
Registered
898 Posts

They were a plug-and-play switch with the stock door puddle lights. I put them on the front doors for now. I don't know if I want to add them to the rear doors, too.

The first two attached pictures compare the stock puddle light with the aftermarket ones. The 3rd picture shows the connector and the final pictures show the results.
For some reason I can't see those pictures
But I'm sure they look great ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
940 Posts
I had a $10 OFF $50 coupon from Paypal so I used it to purchase an OEM Eye Glass Holder for my XC90. The factory option costs $70 USD and eBay cost me $47 USD. I had to pad $3 to make it $50 so I purchased an one-yr Spotify Premium account for $5 to use with Sensus. A win/win situation for me.
How does the Spotify Premium work? I have seen the ads on eBay, but it looks like it is a family plan that you are added to, and Spotify explicitly bans from using an account in different households.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Had the rear pads and disks/rotors replaced today on a MY2016 Inscription.. A little over a year ago I had to have it towed through VOC to the dealer and have the rear pads/disks/rotors replaced.. I am beyond annoyed. Surely this isn't normal at 24K miles.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Our 2018 T8 made it up Mt Washington in NH yesterday. All the way to the summit. The pic here is at about 3500 feet but we went all the way up to 6288. We were at zero battery at the peak, drove down in B mode and our battery was more than 3/4 charged when we got down.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Volvo XC90 T8 R-Design with air suspension and B&W Sound system
763 Posts

SG1, is there a link to these you can share? I tried a Google search and could not find them...

·
Registered
821 Posts
SG1, is there a link to these you can share? I tried a Google search and could not find them...
I searched eBay for door LED courtesy/puddle light XC90 Volvo to find a number of different sellers there. I was careful to read the descriptions because not all of them said they were compatible with my model year, even though the item picture looked similar. There were a couple of "Volvo" designs and one that said "R-Design."

They really do look like you could put a different filter/LED design into the Volvo housing. I wish I could get ones with generic designs, like super heroes, sports teams, etc. Or even skulls or flames, ha, ha.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Found the R-design ones... look pretty good so I will try them out. :)
Cool. Don't forget to post up pictures. I was thinking of the R-Design ones for the rear doors so that when both doors are open it will say "Volvo" and "RDesign" :).

Installation tip: plug them in and turn the power on to check that you've got the logo facing the right way BEFORE you put them in the doors because they otherwise look physically identical. They are put together like a plastic model and are difficult to take out without the pieces coming apart.

I think I damaged 1 of the 4 that I bought because I originally had it on the wrong side. That's why I only have two installed and I've got one spare--ha, ha.

·
Registered
2022 Volvo XC90 T8 R-Design with air suspension and B&W Sound system
763 Posts
Good tip! Thanks

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Had to do it.

401 - 420 of 960 Posts