SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
221 - 240 of 960 Posts

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Not strictly today ...

(1) Applied 8mil clear film on the front end + 40 mil headlight film + 20 mil foglight film

(2) Added qi charging pad

(3) Added all-weather floor liner for all 3 rows + R-design gas & brake pedals + DIY dead pedal (from VW), & added floormat to cover the gap between the floormat and 3rd row seats

·
Registered
5,237 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Love those rims 😍 Too bad they are so $$$

·
Registered
202 Posts
Not strictly today ...

(1) Applied 8mil clear film on the front end + 40 mil headlight film + 20 mil foglight film
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/GUX3tYzf8uTJBzZVl1sm6vxpHYlVfFGqW3A9zZ3wuGd3SvBoYL3Jz5m3weGIBdbWIZeHGPOT0x00bWSCwa40X9k

may i see your qi charging pad please?

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Not strictly today ...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/GUX3tYzf8uTJBzZVl1sm6vxpHYlVfFGqW3A9zZ3wuGd3SvBoYL3Jz5m3weGIBdbWIZeHGPOT0x00bWSCwa40X9k

may i see your qi charging pad please?[/QUOTE]

I believe it's one like this: [URL]https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KHEIXNE/[/URL]

I use one like this that I've attached to a ProClip dash mount under the vent to the left of the center display: [URL]https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0742DT8FV/[/URL]

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ordered and got a set of 20 inch take offs wheels and tires. The annoying part will be paying either to transfer the TPMS to the new wheels or the new tires to the current wheels with TPMS installed.

·
Registered
MY22.5 XC90 Recharge Extended Range in Birch Light and Blond, Lounge, Advanced, Climate, Air and B&W
390 Posts
Not strictly today ...

(3) Added all-weather floor liner for all 3 rows + R-design gas & brake pedals + DIY dead pedal (from VW), & added floormat to cover the gap between the floormat and 3rd row seats

Do you have a part number on the VW dead pedal, and was there any modification to install?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
may i see your qi charging pad please?
Yes, thank you.
There are many models with similar design and dimension, but this one folds; and that is the key for it to fit without modification. The normal position is:

But for direct fit, it needs to be folded like so:

So that the base is in front of the charging pad instead of the bottom:

Do you have a part number on the VW dead pedal, and was there any modification to install?
I was browsing online by visual match. Here is the sticker in the packaging of the dead pedal I used. Note it came with the blue plastic liner on the metal surface. I can't guarantee the accuracy of what's printed there. For all I know it could refer to a different part (as I didn't verify whether or not this is original OE part).

As far as modification, yes. I posted a thread below:
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?537122-Aluminum-dead-pedal-(for-SPA-xc90)

·
Registered
821 Posts
I know that many things on vehicles exist because manufacturers have to cater to the lowest common denominator. Most of them don't bother me (too much) but the air bag warning stickers that they put on the sun visors are an eye sore, especially in Canada where that have to put them in both official languages. With the R-Design charcoal interior, the large high-contrast white/yellow stickers are particularly annoying. Plus, all they basically say is don't let kids/babies sit in the front seat.

Anyway, it was an easy and cheap fix. I bought a roll of black vinyl from Walmart for $5, cut out the sizes I needed, and applied it on top of the warning stickers. It's easily removable and leaves no residue but it cuts down on the ugliness. They still look like stickers, but at least they are black stickers that are far less visually distracting. Actually, now I'm thinking that if I got some black Velcro fabric to stick there, it would cut down the shine and I could customize the visor look with some morale patches :D.

Before and After comparison:

And here's the latest gratuitous pic of the XC90....

·
Registered
261 Posts
Dropped it off for paint correction, full front Xpel Ultimate, along with a pillars, b pillars, door cups and sideskirts. Then Nanolex Si3d HD nano coating. Also getting the front windows tinted as close as possible to match the factory tint.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Dropped it off for paint correction, full front Xpel Ultimate, along with a pillars, b pillars, door cups and sideskirts. Then Nanolex Si3d HD nano coating. Also getting the front windows tinted as close as possible to match the factory tint.
If you're going for ceramic window tint.
Make sure you're aware of "low angle haze" effect so you won't get disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
If you're going for ceramic window tint.
Make sure you're aware of "low angle haze" effect so you won't get disappointed.

Funny you mention that. I dislike that haze effect on the ceramic tint on my Audi. I thought something was wrong with the tint until I researched it and asked the installer. Wish I would have looked into it beforehand. Either way, It's something you get used to, I guess. I'm not sure what I'm going with yet as the tint guy won't be out there until tomorrow afternoon. I saw they have carbon ceramic tints now, not sure if you still get the haze effect.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Funny you mention that. I dislike that haze effect on the ceramic tint on my Audi. I thought something was wrong with the tint until I researched it and asked the installer. Wish I would have looked into it beforehand. Either way, It's something you get used to, I guess. I'm not sure what I'm going with yet as the tint guy won't be out there until tomorrow afternoon. I saw they have carbon ceramic tints now, not sure if you still get the haze effect.
Welcome to the club
I fell for the same trap

I would go metallic or Hybrid
Solargard has an amazing lifetime warranty on those. I'll check the link for you if want

Edit.

It gives you a decent comparison of almost all what's out there.

http://www.tintcenter.com/films/solargard/

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I bought a roll of black vinyl from Walmart for $5, cut out the sizes I needed, and applied it on top of the warning stickers. It's easily removable and leaves no residue but it cuts down on the ugliness. They still look like stickers, but at least they are black stickers that are far less visually distracting.
Looks good. How strong is the adhesive backing? Is it more like post-it-note consistency, blue tape consistency, or a permanent sticker level?

221 - 240 of 960 Posts