SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

What did you do TO or IN your SPA 2016+ XC90 today?

205K views 1K replies 211 participants last post by  Ultrarunner511 
Washed it.. again! We took delivery of our Crystal White Inscription on 4/20. These photos were taken over the weekend after spending a couple hours detailing. I've been reading (and enjoying) swedespeed daily ever since we placed our order on 2/12/17!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow! Stunning! congratulations, enjoy your new ride and welcome to the forum

Are our XC90s so beautiful that very few have been modified with aftermarket component fitment like Bumpers, fenders, side skirts etc? Or is it the case of there being no, if not few aftermarket fitment centres out there?

Compared to German made cars like BMW, VWs, Minis etc, there are many independent stylists offering all sorts of goodies to spruce up one's car for that added uniqueness factor. Who are Volvo's equivalent that you know of?

I'll go with a simpler solution for now, of using the original cover but with cable ties and/ or short and discreet rope ties to tie the cover's back around the 3rd row headrest stems/ roots.

Till one day I find another simpler solution

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Can you elaborate? That is using the OE cover to cover unused 3rd row up to the 3rd row's headrest stems and leaving the remaining cargo area open, or moving the base of the OE cover further back by anchoring it to the 3rd row stem and still using the slot on the "shoulders" of the interior trim to latch the retractable portion of the cover? My guess is you meant the latter.

If so, this means that the cover surface has a slight pitch towards the back, correct?
I meant the luggage net divider like mine, shown in attached picture.

Inelegant solution but works as a temporary measure Bag Trunk Car seat Car Luggage and bags

I meant the luggage net divider like mine, shown in attached picture.

Inelegant solution but works as a temporary measure View attachment 31410

You can also use Volvo's boot carpet for pets to cover your luggage, as it has a flap to protect the bumper.

See mine raised and ready to do the 3rd row back seat luggage covering job Vehicle Car seat cover Purple Car seat Car

Thanks. Interesting approaches. Similar to mine in some ways, but different.
Can I see a picture of yours? You don't have to mount it

Very interested in this cargo net that you referenced. We do road trips from time to time, with two kidos in car seats in 2nd row. Always in the back of my mind the concern of item in the cargo area being thrown into second row under hard stop or crash.

Do you have any pictures of it in place or thoughts on how well it works for you?
Click the links I provided earlier

White is dope, jealous down especially with dark windows as you have them.

With 35% tinting, side visibility especially of the side mirrors in cold dark weather must be a pain in the butt, or is it?

It's all about the film you use. 30% windshield
10% all around.
No issues whatsoever.
Night is actually better visibility than day time.

Yoh! Are you a politician or trader in some contraband or something[emoji16][emoji33]

Too dark for me, at least from looking at the pictures. I must try being in one such car to see. Who knows, I might like it more.

[emoji4] it's not by choice Seti.

It is indeed dark enough from the outside can barely see through.

Yet from the inside you barely notice there's any tint on the windows. Some even think it OEM

In direct sunlight there's an issue of low angel haze from inside.
( feels that windows are dusty or not clean enough ) a bit annoying but no other choice.

I'm sure in South Africa it would be a bless to have.

I might be stoned or robbed in South Africa with people thinking I'm either a politician who promised them goodies I didn't deliver on, or a gangster from a rival group stealing from their market, or simply that I'm loaded with cash, Rolex watches and nice girls and worthy to be robbed - Kidding.

But on a serious note, I won't be able to use the car at the Kruger National Park to see lions safely. I'll be forced to open the window to take photos of game, and in so doing, will be risking having my limb bitten off by a sneaky wild beast like a roof climbing leopard.

?
Just took this to show you how it looks at night / before sunrise.

This is from the inside without any sun.

Wow, it's normal and beautiful still from the inside.

Next time I'll be bolder and will go for such darker tinting

It's all about the brand you choose.
Be very careful while selecting the film

What's yours? Maybe it's internationally available for our consideration down here

No new additions to the T8, but just enjoying it more and more every day. Here are a few latest pics, one of which is an homage to Douglas Adams and the answer to life, the universe, and everything.
Stunning

Had a small piece of dichroic film from a leftover old DIY project and decided to make a road trip badge. The dichroic film makes for a "shimmering path" [wiki Bifröst] that connects from one realm to another. That and a play on the way people write polestar here as "p*"; we get "b*":

Cardstock template from existing OE badge:

Cut and grind to match curved surface of badge:

Polish the curved surface to return the gloss & clarity

Dichroic film

Metal frame for the badge; matching the folds to the template:

Cutting "b" and "*" from vinyl wrap material:

Skipping many steps, including sealing the gaps between the acrylic and sheet aluminum, plus sanding the aluminum edges, and adding double sided tape

( The taillight profile looked more similar to that Honda Fit than a CR-V )
You guys are the gifted ones. Yours will be unique

Today we went to IKEA And lloaded up the XC90 with a twin bed and mattress, dresser, and two side tables. I have to say, it loads up quite well!
You definitely got value for your money SG. From heavy snow and lovely pictures you sent us, to cabin outing with family, driving with roof box to loading beds and mattresses[emoji1490][emoji1490][emoji1490]Life is good. Well done and great stuff.

PS. You may need a net to separate projectiles from the load bay, like that bucket in the picture, from causing damage to your neck[emoji16]

Here are a number of things I have done to my XC90 Inscription T8. I added a cargo cover so that our big dog can enjoy the space. I also added the T8 to the upper front fenders. I added supercharged and turbocharged to the rear emblems. Is there another way in which I can upload the pictures?
Thanks,
Manny

https://ibb.co/bBBBB8
https://ibb.co/eQrYPT
https://ibb.co/cuh7jT
Now boy racers are gonna dice you at traffic lights at every opportunity.

Good luck with that.

If only the US had polestar software for you to not only have that extra grunt, but another logo to paste at the back

Interesting. I put 3M red retroreflective tape on the back of the xc90 as well
Where did you put them? The rear of yours looks normal to me, like our Volvos