SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a bunch of guys were talking about it.

What did you buy you car for Black Friday?

So far I have 4 Brembo Rotors, ceramic Hawk pads, a bunch of Pentosin LV brake fluid, new lug nuts, and a bunch of other small crap including a new funnel from IPD (I am sick of spilling oil over the valve cover).

All needs, no wants its all boring stuff.

What did you guys get?

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
So not technically for my R, it is an R engine that is going in an XC90. Got a Killer Black Friday Deal.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I see you got yourself one of the nice early motors with the metal OTE pipe, lol.
I did. 114k, complete service records. ETM to Turbo Complete, alternator and P/S Pump, Engine Covers, Timing belt done 30K ago. Turbo exhaust housing not cracked either and no turbo shaft play. The guy selling is even going to send me the airbox and mass air meter. $1000. I say Killer Deal.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I think I am going to leave as is. I considered shimming but I don't plan on running high boost. I'll start a build thread soon.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
a PCV system service kit

inner / outter tie rods

front 02 sensor

and a set of new wheels :cool:

dropped over $1600 in the last two days. Feels good man

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So not technically for my R, it is an R engine that is going in an XC90. Got a Killer Black Friday Deal.

Dude I started a thread about swapping a R motor into XC90 2.5t awd like a month ago. I have a whole parts car to take a R motor from. That is so funny. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I'll definitely keep the forum updated.

Did you get the Assenmacher Funnel? That is my best friend at work.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll definitely keep the forum updated.

Did you get the Assenmacher Funnel? That is my best friend at work.
Yes I did buy the Assenmacher funnel. I knew we were destined for each other as soon as I saw it on IPD's site a while back. I have like 100 cheap plastic funnels but none of them work all that well on the R, and since I only buy the 5 quart containers of oil no matter what I get, I figure it was money well spent vs spilling all over the valve cover.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
I gots a new cupholder from IPD and a new R key back for my fob, and and and a trim moulding that goes down the windshield painted from the dealer... and new hawk HPS pads, ... and.. new horns since mine broke yay

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not sexy, a timing belt kit with water pump.

A used IPD front sway bar from CS057.

And I'll see you, spinall4, tomorrow to pick up the floor hatch pieces so I can remove my 3rd row seat.

·
Registered
293 Posts
AEM V2 meth injection system along with a FMIC from Phuzzymotorsports

·
Registered
547 Posts
TWM short shifter for the R, aFe cold air intake and Active trackpipe for the M3

·
Registered
187 Posts
Bunch of little stuff! Floor mats, billet valve stem caps, side marker lights,steering stop limiter, and boost gauge!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
345 Posts
Too much...

Timing belt kit
iPd catback exhaust system (mine is nearly shot and OEM muffler it nearly the same price)
winter floor mats
ball joints
front end sway bars
MAF cleaner

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hilton stage 2 thru Viva Performance for 10% off.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Nothing fancy, just some new center caps. One of them is cracked and one doesn't fit snugly.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts