SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
501 - 520 of 527 Posts

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
The standard P3 Cooling Fan Control Module issue, parked at ikea the other night (cool and rainy) and the radiator fan was running, still running half hour later so ordered up the module and unplugged it.

Possibly one of the easier repairs, one screw and 3 plugs

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Oil/filter, transmission fluid 3x drain and fill, reset transmission fluid counter and SRI with Vida.

Reactions: spiked60

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Putting the XC back into the XC60

ERST Flares bed lined and installed, lower bright silver scuff zones bed lined, and exhaust tips blacked out to match

Reactions: Jason11

·
Registered
12 Posts
New KCDesign Front Sway Bar and links and KCDesign Strut Tower Brace

Had them installed a couple months ago to go with the IPD Rear Sway Bar.

Big difference in the corners.

Leg Hat Thigh Art Cg artwork

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Registered
429 Posts
Replaced engine torque rod mount thing. Very easy to do and probably took 20 minutes total, five of which was spent looking for the torque spec online (it’s 81 ft-lbs btw). Recommend a second set of hands to help maneuver the reservoir out of the way while working. The old engine torque rod mount looked fine and the rubber wasn’t torn, but the rubber inside the mount had given up sometime before the 122K showing on the odometer.

The replacement has helped with the symptoms I was experiencing. Those included a bit of a lurch felt through the floor and seat when coasting/ downshifting, sometimes when upshifting, and occasionally when changing gear (P-> D, R-D).

·
Registered
429 Posts
On my XC60, I swapped the rearview mirror for one that has a compass. It’s total plug and play.

On my friend’s XC60, I pulled the codes for a check engine light. P0420. It’s a 3.0T and has been using a little bit of oil (maybe 1-1.5 quarts between 10K OCIs. The low engine oil warning popped the first time around 115K and the car is now sitting @ 160K. It runs strong but I’m betting that the cat died from oil getting past the piston rings. Maybe the P0420 is just from a bad O2 sensor, but I doubt it with the the oil consumption. The PCV trap was replaced about a month ago but the car has already asked for oil again since that repair. I guess we’ll see what she decides to do next.

·
Registered
55 Posts
On my XC60, I swapped the rearview mirror for one that has a compass. It’s total plug and play.

On my friend’s XC60, I pulled the codes for a check engine light. P0420. It’s a 3.0T and has been using a little bit of oil (maybe 1-1.5 quarts between 10K OCIs. The low engine oil warning popped the first time around 115K and the car is now sitting @ 160K. It runs strong but I’m betting that the cat died from oil getting past the piston rings. Maybe the P0420 is just from a bad O2 sensor, but I doubt it with the the oil consumption. The PCV trap was replaced about a month ago but the car has already asked for oil again since that repair. I guess we’ll see what she decides to do next.

Any smoke out of their exhaust? Just curious as I have a decent amount out of smoke when accelerating from slowing down( like when someone is turning onto a street and I have to accelerate after they turn) and am also consuming a decent amount of oil.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Any smoke out of their exhaust? Just curious as I have a decent amount out of smoke when accelerating from slowing down( like when someone is turning onto a street and I have to accelerate after they turn) and am also consuming a decent amount of oil.
I asked that question too. I’m told that it isn’t blowing smoke out of the exhaust but I’m also not sure how much attention she has actually paid to the exhaust.

How many miles on yours, Jason?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Such a comfy ride to drive to & from the mountains, summer was late to show and snow still blocks the higher elevation, but ready wanting more lift.....

Removed the non hubcentric 1.25" spacers (and quickly sold them), have new smaller sets to install to try and even out the wheels, but taking a back seat for now

My custom tire mount is sitting in a box, need to get to that one day.....

Reactions: iamtheletterk

·
Registered
180 Posts
I spent the past 6 days washing, removing tar, removing iron, touching up a few bumper scrapes from the previous owner, and doing a full paint correction followed by a GTechniq CSL ceramic coat plus two EXO top coats on our 2017 XC60 that we bought early last year. Three of the four doors were a total mess with really deep gouges into the clear coat.

Automotive lighting Rectangle Automotive exterior Tints and shades Font

After a two-stage correction, I managed to get about 98% of the scratches out. I just gave up on a few of them for fear of chewing a hole in the clear coat.

Car Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Grille

And here are some final shots of how things turned out:

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Automotive side marker light

And one more of the reflection

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

It's a bit of a challenge to find all of the scratches on a white car, polishing my Osmium Grey S60 was easier. I'm also never going to do this again while temps are 90+ degrees with high humidity. I think I dropped 5 lbs from sweat!

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
No I didn't buy a lotto ticket, I feel like I used up my luck for this week

• Wow
Reactions: Bunnspeed
501 - 520 of 527 Posts