SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
421 - 440 of 468 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered a replacement mirror for my driver-side sunvisor. To my knowledge, there is only 1 variant of this part for my MY. 2012 XC60 T6...Part Number: 39866717
Its not the right part...Too small, lights are different, doesnt physically fit...Anyone else ever replace this?

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Nothing giant but a few little things.

Popped in these cheap buckets that turn the door handle into a cubby, unsure if I'll actually put things in there, but it's a good idea and they were free thanks to Amazon CC rewards.
I know my wife will put her phone in there for road trips since the cup holder is always full of, well, cups

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01042CLPK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Mk9rFbQ2PJXFQ

And since I pulled the skid plate off of the 11, prior to putting it on the 14 I wanted to replace a few torn rubber grommets. Emailed ipd a few times asking to buy a set and never heard back, so I found some much beefier grommets at home depot, 5/8" specifically.
I've cleared out 2 stores and have 6, only 2 more needed to be complete lol

·
Registered
820 Posts
View attachment 66335

PCV replacement at 143k. Gunky..
Did you replace the whole cover and gasket or just the diaphragm. FCPEuro and IPD were out of stock on the diaphragm. So I finally found a Dorman replacement from RockAuto. Paid $55, so wondering if I should have just bought the whole OEM cover for $150 instead.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Gonna mix my own.....

34.00 for 5 gallon pail. Distilled water at like .76
4 and change for a gallon of 50/50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Bunnspeed

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I was trying to look at the diaphram after I took the old box off... I ended up. cutting myself. The plastic is so hard and the tabs are impossible to push in. I wish you luck man!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Did you replace the whole cover and gasket or just the diaphragm. FCPEuro and IPD were out of stock on the diaphragm. So I finally found a Dorman replacement from RockAuto. Paid $55, so wondering if I should have just bought the whole OEM cover for $150 instead.
I replaced the entire cover. It's worth getting in there and cleaning all the oil out of the pan and the old gasket on the pcv pulled off as I pulled the old box off.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I replaced the entire cover. It's worth getting in there and cleaning all the oil out of the pan and the old gasket on the pcv pulled off as I pulled the old box off.
This is on my list for the new car soon.

My previous 2011 had the pcv replaced I think 3-4 times by the dealer/past owner, and I know she specifically ran conventional oil which baffles me that the dealer would do knowing these cars (especially since they replaced rungs at 55k).

My new xc has 77k miles, planning to do the pcv at the 80k mark as preventive work and definitely cleaning up while in there (and switching to a quality synthetic)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Replaced all of the cheap rubber grommets on the ipd skid plate with much heavier duty pieces and got that on the new xc.

And plates finally showed up so got them on with my lightky tinted covers, it'll blend into the car a little better at least

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Had a shop reseal my vacuum pump (?), I was getting smells of oil after a long drive and apparently on the belt side/driver side of the motor the T6 has a pump that can leak a tiny bit of oil.
I dunno, didn't do a ton of research, but definitely could see oily residue and the local Indy shop was reasonable to knock it out.
This time, the value for me was having it done super fast, next time I'll be open to do it myself

(another great video by volvo of Sweden https://youtu.be/01ljbu1WRdo)

Trying to make sure she's all dialed in to stage 0 before the upcoming winter and some road trips

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I did spark plugs this morning, pretty simple job and all works without issue. Got the plugs from FCP Euro Denso Iridium tt

·
Registered
88 Posts
Replaced the blower motor on my 2012 RD. It looks scary (and it is) but really not as bad as I expected. If I worked straight through, maybe 3-4 hours tops.

REQUIRED watching:

One thing I'd mention, not just for this job, is that if you don't own and endoscope/borescope device you should really get one. They are only like $60-70 and honestly I could not have done this job without it. In the second video above, he talks about putting the this piece of metal through the cluster opening to release the clip. This was incredibly valuable advice but there is NO WAY you could find that clip blindly without just smashing the metal bar in there and hoping. With the scope I was able to put the bar right on it in about 30 seconds, then had my son push on it while I rotated the blower out from the other side.

Scope I have (not affiliate link) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PBW52SF

Also, the blower removal tool is available from a lot of places, including used ones from Amazon for < $60. I have one now and don't need it so if anyone is thinking about tackling this job PM me and it's yours.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Replaced the blower motor on my 2012 RD. It looks scary (and it is) but really not as bad as I expected. If I worked straight through, maybe 3-4 hours tops.

REQUIRED watching:

One thing I'd mention, not just for this job, is that if you don't own and endoscope/borescope device you should really get one. They are only like $60-70 and honestly I could not have done this job without it. In the second video above, he talks about putting the this piece of metal through the cluster opening to release the clip. This was incredibly valuable advice but there is NO WAY you could find that clip blindly without just smashing the metal bar in there and hoping. With the scope I was able to put the bar right on it in about 30 seconds, then had my son push on it while I rotated the blower out from the other side.

Also, the blower removal tool is available from a lot of places, including used ones from Amazon for < $60. I have one now and don't need it so if anyone is thinking about tackling this job PM me and it's yours.
I've been wanting one for a while and between online sales and my Amazon points, almost free. We shall see!

(Honestly it'll probably be more helpful on my classic and it's fragile everything)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Replaced the lift gate struts with Amazon ones last night.
$57 Canadian, and work really well - hatch lifts all the way now. A few reviews complained that they are not easy to clip, which is baffling to me. It's a simple wire latch that slips through two tiny holes then latches onto the tube. Easier than the channeled c-clips. PLUS they are warrantied for life.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Love coming across things I would not consider - will order two. Along with a red START button ;-) Thanks!

Nothing giant but a few little things.

Popped in these cheap buckets that turn the door handle into a cubby, unsure if I'll actually put things in there, but it's a good idea and they were free thanks to Amazon CC rewards.
I know my wife will put her phone in there for road trips since the cup holder is always full of, well, cups

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01042CLPK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Mk9rFbQ2PJXFQ

And since I pulled the skid plate off of the 11, prior to putting it on the 14 I wanted to replace a few torn rubber grommets. Emailed ipd a few times asking to buy a set and never heard back, so I found some much beefier grommets at home depot, 5/8" specifically.
I've cleared out 2 stores and have 6, only 2 more needed to be complete lol

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ha! Was really excited to find a clearance sale HD endoscope - waterproof, wireless etc. for $40. TGTBT of course - didn't work ;-) I WILL be doing this fan replacement in the Spring as I'm getting chirping at 1/3 to 1/2 fan power. Bookmarked links :)

REQUIRED watching:

·
Registered
110 Posts
LOVE that colour. I'm curious - what was the mounting of the bar onto the bumper like? I had one for my old V50, and it was wobbly because it didn't have a way to mount to anything but the existing/flimsy factory plate rack holes. I put expander bolts in to make it more stable but even then it was only going into the factory foam back piece.

Let there be light!

421 - 440 of 468 Posts