SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
https://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5374687576.html

Not really interested in the car itself w/ a rebuilt title, but I love the color, almost like a blue-green. I've looked through all my brochures for the refresh years and the nearest I can find is Chameleon Blue but that seems to have only been offered in 2008.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Wow, dont know the color but they really like their used volvos in south houston. They go for much less up here in The Woodlands.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
Mistral green?

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Barents Blue Metallic

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess it's Barents ... must be the light, or the guy's camera, or both.

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
It's not Barents Blue - our S40 is Barents blue which is a navy blue.

I see a Chameleon Blue Pearl listed for 2010 - maybe that?

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Agree with Veefifty, it's not Barents Blue. Mine is a much darker blue.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I messaged the seller so we'll see what they say, if they say. I doubt my CU would loan on a rebuilt titled car anyway, and that asking price is crazy if it is.

That's what I thought about Barents, being much darker.

·
Registered
547 Posts
My old v40 (2002) was really close to that color.... they called it Bamboo Green.

Was really nice... depending on the light, it looked blue, green or in-between with a nice gray tone in it.

The car on the other hand was a total and complete POS.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
That's White and Gold. I have no idea how y'all are getting Blue and Black.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I have no idea how old any of you are, but I saw this, and thought Gameboy Color color - Teal!

·
Registered
126 Posts
looks pretty close to my 2005 - i think our code was the mistral green. Hard to tell from the CL post camera though.

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
looks pretty close to my 2005 - i think our code was the mistral green. Hard to tell from the CL post camera though.
Already established that it's Orinoco Blue. Mistral Green is also a rare color, but it was not as blue as the car above. I believe Volvo discontinued using Mistral Green from in their main production lineup after 2005, could still be ordered OSD though.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Car is still for sale. Owner never replied to me, but I didn't try any more since it has a rebuilt title. Too bad ... I might have bought the car otherwise. Love the color and the charcoal interior. The chances of ever seeing another V50 like that again are probably next to nil.

Sent from my HTC

1 - 20 of 23 Posts