SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I'm in the middle of a m56 swap and am wondering what kind of clutch to buy. The tranny is going in my 96 850 turbo with some possible future upgrades, ecu & exhaust most likely, possibly a bigger turbo. Will an OE clutch for half the price of a SPEC hold up to these upgrades? Also, as far as performance clutches go what all is out there besides SPEC? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I've heard from many places that Spec is garbage for the money.

An 850R clutch is holding just fine for me, and they are ussualy under 300 dollars.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Re: (doug242ti)

you will hear a lot of things about SPEC, in my car the stage III+ work fine.

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: (volvos60t5x)

Quote, originally posted by volvos60t5x »
you will hear a lot of things about SPEC, in my car the stage III+ work fine.

For now..

With such a remark you need to mention that you had to remove the gearbox from the car several times..

For 90% of the power levels reached with the 850's on this forum the 850R clutch 272218 is more than capable.
The SPEC III and up is a different animal and I really wonder if everyone will like the bahavior.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Re: (Johann)

i simple remark, SEARCH AND LEARN BEFORE BUY why??? cause i order stage II which support 320 lb-tq at the crank when my car has 380 lb-ft. BTW i really like the behavior of the clutch, strong, very strong and now i can feel the power of the car http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
7,737 Posts
Johann speaks the truth. If anyone knows modding the 850 to the max, this man does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts