SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Suggest you give USAA a call.

If you can establish eligibility, you will probably be pleased, and if you're like most USAA members, you'll have ALL of your insurance with them, as well as banking and other services.

I've only been a USAA member for 41 years now..... :cool:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I just put Hagerty insurance on a 96 855r and a 97 850r. Both cars are daily driven but I have a 3rd car that is also daily driven so that might have helped sell Hagerty on the fact that the volvos aren't driven as much (no sure though).

I believe an aspect to getting coverage through Hagerty is having an agent that can facilitate it.

I had Allstate previously through an Allstate agent. I called my agent and told them I wanted to switch to Hagerty who they are an approved broker.

They set everything up for me and I didn't need any additional underwriting to write policy.

Stated value of 14k for each car. Total for both cars is 922/year.

Was done in less than a day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
557 Posts
State Farm liability only, baby! Save yourself the bucks, and IF you have an accident "insure" yourself with the money you've saved and put away.

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
It's usually cheaper to have a Hagerty policy than a normal liability only policy.

·
Registered
255 Posts
It's usually cheaper to have a Hagerty policy than a normal liability only policy.
Didn't realize how inexpensive these policies are. I'm paying about the same as I was through Allstate for full coverage.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good thread...I’ve quickly amassed a small collection, and my main Geico policy doesn’t make any sense for these. I need some sort of collector’s coverage.

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
Didn't realize how inexpensive these policies are. I'm paying about the same as I was through Allstate for full coverage.

It gets even cheaper the more cars you add to it; my experience with the various scenarios we've quoted with Hagerty is that the value of the most expensive car on the policy has a lot more to do with the total premium than the number of cars on it. You're only paying liability once since I assume their assumption is you can't drive more than one car at a time.

·
Registered
12,440 Posts
Just renewed my Hagerty policy for the yellow car the other day - $337 for a year, $10k coverage.

TBH, the cost is about the same as my other cars but I couldn't get $10k coverage with my regular carrier.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Well shoot. I might have to look into this, thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
15,382 Posts
The point of Hagerty is that they're for collector cars. That's why the policy is cheap.....

·
Registered
255 Posts
I tried with Haggerty, and they pretty much said no because I drive the car daily, that was it.
I've run into the same issue with Hagerty.
I heard that too before applying.

I went through my current insurance broker vs going directly to Hagerty. I was told by my broker that they normally only insure cars that are not daily driven.

We also have a 3rd car.

I think the combination of going through the broker (speculating that Hagerty is more lenient in that instance because of incentives to retain business from referral sources, etc) and the fact I have a 3rd car helped with the approval.

They approved on initial submission and I didn't need any further underwrite.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts