SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I ordered an OBX downpipe for my R, but not yet ordered a CEL eliminator for it. What CEL eliminator should I use with OBX downpipe? As I remember, there wouldn't much room for common CEL eliminators and I should use a corner-type eliminator?

·
Registered
16,902 Posts
I just did mine and didn't have to use one .

IIRC the 90 degree angle one worked well , for only the simple reason of reangling the rear o2 sensor .

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
A 90 degree is essential.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
I don't think you need one for the newer batch, the bung is already set at 90 degree's where as the old batch needed the O2 spacer cause it was flat not at a 90 degree angle.

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
I don't think you need one for the newer batch, the bung is already set at 90 degree's where as the old batch needed the O2 spacer cause it was flat not at a 90 degree angle.
The new batch comes with a 45 degree bung....Add a single long spark plug fouler and you're golden...If for some reason that doesnt do it...toss on an angled bung.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5,397 Posts

·
Registered
5,397 Posts
+1 thats what i used. i have the new OBX design and my CEL still threw after a week or two. plus the new design doesnt allow a 90 degree spacer to work.
After I had the O2 extension installed it threw a code for like 2 weeks after I cleared the codes and then POOF it's been gone since....Just let your car work it's magic.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
something really strange keeps happening with mine. if i let the car idle for more than 5 min and then go to drive off. instant code. but its not the same as the one i would get for not having a spacer in the obx dp. its something to do with the front o2 and its difference from the rear o2 being to much... i dunno but i just dont idle the car anymore.

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
That still sounds like it's the rear o2 sensor.

I had that happen all the time, until I spaced my sensor.

Now my forward sensor is stuck reading rich.

Edit: Wait, did you space the front sensor by any chance? I think that if your front sensor was ****ed up, you'd get that message. Basically there's too great a difference between the front's readings(of 0 possibly) and the rear's reading of whatever.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
What else did you change recently? Do you smell exhaust, maybe gaskets not sealed? Maybe its really rich, engine overcompensating for something else?

·
Registered
458 Posts
I just received my o2 sensor from ipd. 2 questions
1. Do I install it on the front or rear o2 "I'm assuming front"
2. Where is the correct sensor located???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I just received my o2 sensor from ipd. 2 questions
1. Do I install it on the front or rear o2 "I'm assuming front"
2. Where is the correct sensor located???

Rear o2 sensor. If you slide under your car from either the driver or passenger door, it will be right there in the downpipe.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
http://store.42draftdesigns.com/O2-Sensor-Spacer_p_306.html

This is what I am using with my OBX downpipe. It's adjustable so you can either put it closer to the exhaust flow or draw it away from the flow if it triggers a light. I installed mine back in September or October and I have not thrown a CEL even under WOT. And trust me I've tried to throw a code. This spacer works perfect

·
Registered
458 Posts
Rear o2 sensor. If you slide under your car from either the driver or passenger door, it will be right there in the downpipe.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks bud. I don't know how much Sliding under I'm doing at 215 lbs. but I will get to it somehow.

·
Registered
441 Posts
http://store.42draftdesigns.com/O2-Sensor-Spacer_p_306.html

This is what I am using with my OBX downpipe. It's adjustable so you can either put it closer to the exhaust flow or draw it away from the flow if it triggers a light. I installed mine back in September or October and I have not thrown a CEL even under WOT. And trust me I've tried to throw a code. This spacer works perfect
Looks like I will be ordering one of these over the weekend. I installed my downpipe from EST and since then I've been getting a code intermittently. Hopefully this is the cure.

·
Registered
322 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
You can also make your own for like 6 dollars if you buy Dorman spark plug non-foulers 42009 and drill out one of the two non-foulers that it comes with, with a half inch drill bit.
Shut it! Lol jk

1 - 20 of 27 Posts