SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am envy on the side pocket on passenger side, so tried to look for some net pocket with velcro straps. But surprisingly it won't stick onto it.
The velcro works on trunk side panel though.

So what could stick on the fiber there? It looks like micro fiber or similar. 3M tape won't either.

·
Registered
997 Posts
I put a little net on the lower part past the left side of the steering column with 3m industrial double stick and it seems to stick.

·
Registered
174 Posts
If you're really savvy... You could find the left-hand drive version of that same panel with the net. Then you could have a net on the driver's side. 😉

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'm confused. I don't have any kind of a side net pocket on the console. What am I missing?

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm confused. I don't have any kind of a side net pocket on the console. What am I missing?
It is not documented which package/option it is in. My car is Inscription with all packages but B&W.

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you're really savvy... You could find the left-hand drive version of that same panel with the net. Then you could have a net on the driver's side. 😉
But that would be still the passenger side panel, which could be different shape of the driver side. :)

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you do not mind, you can install this
How to install it? It is more than just 3M tape I think. Then next question is how to buy it, from a dealer in Europe?

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
How to install it? It is more than just 3M tape I think. Then next question is how to buy it, from a dealer in Europe?

I don't think the installation is complicated. You need to find a S/N part and order from your local Volvo dealer or from the UK

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't think the installation is complicated. You need to find a S/N part and order from your local Volvo dealer or from the UK
I feel the plastic strap is welded on the side panel. Maybe not a separate parts.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
If it's true what happens if you rip the net or accidentally break plastic frame of net ???

You change the whole panel, perfect solution :bow:

For the previous generation, the XC60 is a separate part and costs around $ 30

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
7,511 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)

·
Registered
235 Posts
This is also only for 2017 or earlier. The fitting is using hooks. 2018+ doesn't use hooks, just plastic frame somehow fastened on the panel. I suspect it has some small studs fit into holes on panel and melted/flatten on the inner side.

Whoever has pulled open the panel could share some insight.

This is correct it is fastened to the side paneling. Im not sure what the part number is but if anyone searched for the pass side paneling for an inscription you can order it and replace yours. They are fairly simple to replace.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts