SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have DICE/VIDA and I need to re-calibrate the SUM due to a new accelerometer.

Is there any other calibrations in VIDA that are good to do from time to time in a 2004 S60R Auto?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Not that I know of, or would be useful unless something is broken/replaced.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just Calibrated my SUM and I am still getting the "service chassis" message, but only once the car starts moving. Any ideas? VIDA didnt show any SUM codes

·
Registered
6,562 Posts
Active chassis doesn't activate until the car is moving IIRC... No accelerometer data with no acceleration in X/Y/Z...

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I've had more than a few cars that needed the rear of car lifted about 1/2" or so in order to calibrate SUM properly. Lowered cars can have calibration issues as well. iirc the level sensor voltage should be around 2.5v front and rear. I know its supposed to look at what the level is and calibrate from there but seems if the rear is out compared to front it doesn't like to set.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,Oceans60R, if the volt of level sensor is not 2.5V, what's will influence? My one has left 1.5V and right 3.5V. Both on rear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
From what I've experienced it can make the headlights dip down towards the ground. Sometimes this is due to the headlights being adjusted up and then a SUM cal being done. Other times a faulty level sensor will also cause the headlights to dip down. I always try to get the sensors close to 2.5v before calibrating the SUM, afterwards should be ok if sensor read a little different, its just telling the SUM the level of the front or rear.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you for the explains. My headlight is OK. And didn't "feel" anything wrong. How to adjust the voltage of sensors?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts