SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Re: What bell housing need to convert from auto to manual? (tdskip)

There are two basic bell housings: B18 type for hydraulic clutch, and B20 type for cable clutch. There's an early and late version of the B18 type, the later one ('66 on ???) accommodates the additional brace that bolts to the bottom of a B20 block. Your choice...

Flywheel depends on the year of your B20. '69-'73 uses a flywheel held on by six bolts, '74-'75 used eight bolts. B18 and six bolt B20 flywheels are the same, except that early B18 ones didn't have dowels to help center the clutch properly.

I'd check with Mike Dudek and see what he might have lying around...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.