SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guys!

First off, I'm new to the forum. Just bought an 05 s40 5spd 2.4i about a month ago, and wanted to spice it up. This car is my daily driver and Im looking for some good appearance items. My weekend car, is a 2003 mustang cobra ... with 600hp

I have already gotten a euro plate, and a rear tinted plate cover .. for starters.

Looking to get a grille, eyelids, tinted tails, and factory spoiler.

So as far as a grille, what badge do you guys put on? I'm thinking about a swedish badge that goes alongs ide the 'r' logo. Opinions? Pictures? examples?

Joe

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
hey joe, welcome to swedespeed!! http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

I've got a dubstop grill with an R badge - although it's not really an R, but I don't care. have been thinking about putting the "volvo slash" back on, but I think it's also fine this way.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Re: What badge do you have on your grille? (emerica4601)

Quote, originally posted by emerica4601 »
very nice! where do i get this dubstop grille?

http://www.dubstopimports.com/...01200

they had some in ebay a while back, not sure if they're still there...

·
Registered
180 Posts
Volvo's badge. The way it should be.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts

Quote, originally posted by emerica4601 »
What's up guys!

So as far as a grille, what badge do you guys put on? I'm thinking about a swedish badge that goes alongs ide the 'r' logo. Opinions? Pictures? examples?

Joe

Welcome to SS!
As far a grille badging goes, I had no badge on the S40 and I think it looked best that way IMO. Just for kicks on my R I had the IPD badge and now I just have the "R" badge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

if you dont mind me asking, what does ipd stand for? what what grille is that? i like the recessed look

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: What badge do you have on your grille? (40 Rouge)

NONE!!!!!!!

Was thinkin about putting on a 2.0 diesel bagde on mine to be misleading after i do the turbo upgrade haha

·
Registered
497 Posts
HEICO badge might be good idea also. Just like any other mentioned above. IMO since Volvo's has no big place in the aftermarket world any of the above will make it unique.
You can always leave it plain blank.

BTW welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: (05T5)

I am currently sporting the Heico badge, but have gone badgeless, volvo slash painted black (looks awesome, check out the Dane's ride), volvo slash sanded down to a brushed aluminum look, and I even experimented with the slash offset to the left side, and a couple other ideas. I have pics of all of those if you have interest. I personally like debadged or the Heico logo most, makes people guess what kind of car it is. People at drive thrus ask me all the time "what is a Heico? That is a super cool car, etc" http://********************/smile/emthup.gif Welcome to the Forums!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: (slowvo)

Thanks bro, it is a work in progress. Tempted to get the license plate "PROJEKT" since it is never ending.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
Re: (carreragt7)

We share the same flaw, never satisfied. By the time i get something how i like it, i get bored with it shortly after lol

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: (ForceFed Motorsports)

true dat. I have plans for a new grille setup, but no time yet. I have another class coming up this semester that is all about composites so I am excited for that, because it gives me access to all the fun stuff so I might make a custom CF grille and volvo slash out of CF.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Re: (slowvo)

Man maybe you could actually make some NEW stuff for our car carr and only make a few so we all dont look the same any more lol

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Re: (jdsr917)

That would be nice. Thing is, even if all of us on the forums looked the same there are still a lot of S40s that look different, and our cars are unique enough and spread out enough that we are still unique to our friends.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts