SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I was just curious, what kind of mileage are you getting out of you R's?

When I drive like a sane person and toying with "tuners" and BMW's I am getting 29 mpg in my 04. http://********************/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Re: What are you getting for fuel mileage? (CM2RAS)

20.2 city and highway combined, high spirited driving. It's dipped as low as in the 19's and as high as ~22-23. If I reset and drive normal on the highway then I get into the high 20's.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Re: What are you getting for fuel mileage? (S60R1)

21.1 City/Hwy

31.5 Hwy. I set my cruise control to 59 mph.

I'm conservative

Modified by skibum0627 at 2:29 PM 3-12-2009

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I got remote start and before every ride its on for 10 min and i got my turbo timer set to 6 min after.

Lowest in the winter. 16mpg
Average Winter 20-22 mpg.

Summer City 26.5 Mpg
Summer Highway 31.5Mpg cruise set to 70-71mph

·
Registered
398 Posts
Re: (peter_reece2003)

I'm getting high 19's to low 20's combined driving as of late. My driving is 50/50 side streets and open freeway.

After I first got my '04 SR in December, I was getting in the low 18's. I had to get used to the driving experience and power delivery somehow, right???

·
Registered
21,340 Posts

20 - 21.

28 miles each way, stop and go traffic almost the whole time except for some stretches where it's flowing.

Never a chance to just cruise.

And that's watching it. If I don't, I can drop down to close to 18.

All highway I'll get 25 a tank with normal cruising.

'04 GT.

·
Registered
420 Posts

fuel is cheap now.. so i drive with fast acceleration... i do very little highway driving.... I get in 18 mpg range...

i've done some grandma driving tests.. where i went out of my way to get the best mpg i could possibly get... and I got over 450 miles on a tank.. i think i was in the 27 mpg range

29 mpg seems way too high... you must have a volvo body installed over a camry.....

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I also believe 29mpg is high but if i really tried grandma style, maybe I could get it.

Whenever I wanted to check the most I could get on a tank, I had a Civic with their Walmart tips and drilled exaust try to race.

·
Registered
54 Posts
15MPG when I go through a tank in the city.

Over 26MPG when I was trying for mileage on the highway last wknd (never under 60).

About 24.5MPG when I sit the cruise at 80 and did about 350 miles on the highway.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Re: What are you getting for fuel mileage? (Jersey R)

Quote, originally posted by Jersey R »

29 mpg seems way too high... you must have a volvo body installed over a camry.....

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »

If "best" is defined as least efficient burning of gas...

Also, my very first post in the R Forum was questions about gas mileage, did some high speed autobahn runs resetting cruise control and trip computer

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=31936

Quote, originally posted by "R" Kelly »

Oh, and I now believe all of you about the gas mileage possibilities (I averaged 17-18mpg in Germany)... I averaged over 33 mpg for the first 40 miles leaving Tallahassee. You just can't go faster than 60 mph...

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Re: (ktm_525)

20.7/20.8 Several thousand miles on the AVG MPG without a reset. All kinds of combined driving (80% City, 20% Highway). I do NOT baby it, but I find that when in traffic, the boost delivery right up to 2500 RPM is plenty to scoot me past everyone else. So shifting at 2500 RPM may raise it even more.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

29 mpg seems way too high... you must have a volvo body installed over a camry.....[/QUOTE]

Tell ya what I will attempt to take a picture while driving home, I am getting between 28.5 and 29.3 on average. BUT my commute is 62 miles each way at sustained speeds most of the way. DTE at fill up reads 545. The same commute in the wife's S70 I get 32. http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

·
Registered
420 Posts

Quote, originally posted by CM2RAS »

Tell ya what I will attempt to take a picture while driving home, I am getting between 28.5 and 29.3 on average. BUT my commute is 62 miles each way at sustained speeds most of the way. DTE at fill up reads 545. The same commute in the wife's S70 I get 32. http://********************/smile/emcocktl.gif

I guess for just that stretch of highway miles... if you reset the mpg after the on ramp and look at it on the off ramp... this makes sense...

but to include any city driving, or the just waiting for the car to warm up everyday the mpg avg will drop fast...

when we talk averages you need to talk averages between gas fill-ups

The R does much better MPG wise on the hwy.. (especially if you keep it at 60 mph or lower) ... I've actually averaged in the mid 30s for MPG on highway trips...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts

21.8 - 22.5 Winter mixed driving and 24.5 - 26.8 Summer mixed driving.

·
Registered
17 Posts

I average 22 mpg, and commute every day from 4000 to 6800 feet above sea level. I am surprised that I dont average higher because pretty much my whole drive to work my instantaneous mpg reads around 18 and the way home it reads around 99.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote, originally posted by Jersey R »

I guess for just that stretch of highway miles... if you reset the mpg after the on ramp and look at it on the off ramp... this makes sense...

but to include any city driving, or the just waiting for the car to warm up everyday the mpg avg will drop fast...

when we talk averages you need to talk averages between gas fill-ups

The R does much better MPG wise on the hwy.. (especially if you keep it at 60 mph or lower) ... I've actually averaged in the mid 30s for MPG on highway trips...[/QUOTE]

Honest guys this is true hyw mileage, I do some city driving but granted not lots of it. the only time I reset the computer is on fill up. I didn't start the thread to boast a false statement, I just wanted to see how some of more supped up R's are doing. Like I said my commute is 62 miles each way and it takes me 70 minutes to get here. I will get a pic for you, I just do not know how to up load them here.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.