SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC60 B5 Inscription Thunder Grey
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My XC60 is currently on a transporter which left Baltimore yesterday. What apps will the car come with at delivery? Can I download other apps from the Play store and if so, what apps are available? Getting excited, as I ordered in September 2021.

·
Registered
86 Posts
A slew of international music apps - that’s about it. The only useful app for me was Spotify, YouTube Music and iHeartRadio (for AM stations).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I can't listen to Amazon Music Unlimited or Pandora because those apps aren't available? Can I connect my phone (which has those apps) to the car and listen that way?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
here's one list
though some apps are polestar 2 specific, like vivaldi web browser, and charging station apps.
FDL5231, does this mean the apps in the list you referenced are available for Android Automotive, but they are NOT available for download to the 2022 XC60?

·
Registered
86 Posts
FDL5231, does this mean the apps in the list you referenced are available for Android Automotive, but they are NOT available for download to the 2022 XC60?
Android Automotive, aka AAOS, is the infotainment system on the ‘22 XC60. Not to be confused with Android Auto - which is part of your Android phone and - when plugged into a supporting car - will extend functionality to that car. Apple CarPlay is the other one.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The link is for apps that are available on AAOS. AAOS is used in car models from different manufacturers. Not all manufacturers use the same apps. For example, the Polestar manufacturer made available Vivaldi web browser for its Polestar 2, but it's not available for Volvo cars.
It's just a link I found with google, I can't say its 100% accurate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2022 XC60T8 delivered in September 2021 with B&W audio. Amazon Music is available as an App in Android Automotive and is the highest quality audio source I have found. It has rough edges - I have not been able to search for music or control it through voice commands.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a 2022 XC60T8 delivered in September 2021 with B&W audio. Amazon Music is available as an App in Android Automotive and is the highest quality audio source I have found. It has rough edges - I have not been able to search for music or control it through voice commands.

I also found YouTube Music to have a superior sound quality over Spotify.

·
Registered
36 Posts

Amazon Music is not part of App catalog of AAOS atm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts