SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as of lately my lights have been dimming more than they should and it is starting to scare me.<p>My car has 67k miles and the head lights dim when the car goes from revving back to idle. It is quite noticeable, but wouldn't be for an untrained eye.<p>After looking online, there are 3 different models. 120, 140, and 160 amp.<p>How exactly do i tell what one i have?<p>If i just so happen to be unlucky and have the 120 amp, can i upgrade to the 140 or 160?(I do have a sub, so that would be really nice)<p>Would it require a software update?<p><br>I haven't checked the non charging vs charging voltage yet to determine if this is my problem, but i will do so upon waking up in the morning.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Re: what AMP alternator do I have? (Impulse922)

You can find your amperage rating on the back cover of the alternator. Also, you can upgrade to higher amperage, but it is not good idea to downgrade. No software updates are needed.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
Re: what AMP alternator do I have? (Turb04S60)

160 sounds nice. I'll trade up to that next time mine fails (between Volvo's regulator design and the hot humid summers we have it doesn't take very long).

·
Registered
3,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: what AMP alternator do I have? (ss60)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD><i>Quote, originally posted by <b>ss60</b> »</i></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">160 sounds nice. I'll trade up to that next time mine fails (between Volvo's regulator design and the <b>hot humid summers</b> we have it doesn't take very long).</TD></TR></TABLE> <p>84% humitidy...right now.<p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts