SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my hu is finaly on its end keeps wanting to not play cd's and the screen does the all famous scrambling words and buttons dont work half the time. I was looking for some ideas from those who have installed aftermarket head units in teher R's looking for pics, model , and functions you loose by installing.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
17,017 Posts
JVC 7" touch screen in the wagon
Kenwood 7" touch screen in the coupe
Pioneer Head unit single din in the LB

and for the XC will be Dual din 7" touchscreen with nav and such

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Re: What aftermarket Radio do you have in your R (97GLTbrick)

Quote, originally posted by 97GLTbrick »
Wscreen does the all famous scrambling words and buttons dont work half the time.
Thanks guys

Offtopic but mine did that 8 moths ago and after a hard bang it got, works like a charm

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
S140s- yeah i have been there done that lol still acts up haha

Chilled- what model numbers are those and do any of those vehicles have a similar stock setup with speakers and factory amp if so how well do those units integrate?

·
Registered
7,964 Posts
Re: (97GLTbrick)

With your 2004

Your going to need a few adaptors

You'll lose your center channel unless you do some creative wiring with the amplifier that is the new headunit.

The Volvo Factory amp will need an adaptor to power all the door/rear speakers. Center channel will be dead.

You will need adaptors to use your factory steeering wheel control.

Parzan audio carries them, they are made by Dietz.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
China- Thanks for the info very helpfull. Do you have a number for Parzan and a website? Also what specs should i be looking for in a new headunit for it to work porperly or is it any good unit should work well? Thanks for all your help

·
Registered
21,340 Posts
Re: What aftermarket Radio do you have in your R (97GLTbrick)

Well my hu is finaly on its end keeps wanting to not play cd's and the screen does the all famous scrambling words and buttons dont work half the time. I was looking for some ideas from those who have installed aftermarket head units in teher R's looking for pics, model , and functions you loose by installing.
Thanks guys

There is an audio forum here you know....

·
Registered
17,017 Posts
Re: (97GLTbrick)

S140s- yeah i have been there done that lol still acts up haha

Chilled- what model numbers are those and do any of those vehicles have a similar stock setup with speakers and factory amp if so how well do those units integrate?

I gut out the stock system and do full replacement .

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Needsdecaf- sorry i know there is and if it is needed to be moved that is fine. It was posted in the R forum because i know our cars have a diffrent stereo from other models and was wanting R owner feedback

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.