SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I’ve been getting into this wonderful and expensive world that is car modding. Now I’m always stumped on what to do next, (I have a 2013 Volvo S60 2.5 L 5 cyl) so far I’ve added a 3 inch cold air intake which I know was stupid and a 3 inch catted down pipe with no tune. The stock exhaust seems sufficient for the time being so I was wondering if I should invest in an inter cooler before getting a tune, also what tune should I consider? Hilton is the only one I’m considering at the moment.

·
Registered
2019 XC60 T6 Inscription - Onyx BLK
25 Posts
Is this for the purposes of racing or just to have a modified car? I would definitely get a tune first and adjust the tune as needed as you add parts. The combination of your first mods could have you running too lean or too rich and could potentially cause engine damage. Rather than pay for repairs get the tune and have your tuner let you know what next steps would be best (if engine is running hot after a few dyno passes then the I/C would be the logical next step. You may need colder plugs etc etc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts