SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have an old Volvo s80 2004 (facelift model).

I was wondering what is the best way to peel the film? It seems under the film there is a nice shiny color. By taking away film it would give a second life to the car. Not to mention, it's difficult to peel it, can I use some kind of heat gun to remove it?

There is a vent in the boot. I could see that water gets through somehow at the bottom of the plastic vent. Somehow it gets through by few water drops. But it's enough on a rainy day to get enough water in the boot.

Is it possible to remove that went without taking the rear bumper apart? Can I just use water silicone to seal the vent?

Regards

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Maybe try silicone around the bottom of the vent. Don't seal it completely. It's needed for cabin pressure when closing doors/windows etc.

Let us know how the removal of the black trim goes. It's something I'm considering, since mine is crap, too.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Late to the party. I had my film removed when the car was repainted looks great without it.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Was the removal by a professional or were you able to do it on your own?
I suppose it's 'professional', I asked them to do it when I had the car repainted the first time. It shouldn't take more than a heat gun and some patience - like any bumper sticker would.

It looks very nice with a light color paint on it. When it was Nautic Blue it was hard to tell. Now with '83 Ford Robin's Egg Blue, it's very nice! I had the rear triangle windows painted black.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts